About Jody Glynn PatrickJody is President of Glynn Patrick & Associates, which provides management consulting, executive coaching and strategic planning services. She is Publisher Emeritus of In Business magazine, which she published for 17 years. Selected as the “U.S. Business Journalist of the Year” in 2007 in Washington, DC, by the U.S. Small Business Administration, Jody has been a business reporter, editor, radio talk show host , and has won other state and national journalism awards. At the same time, she has helped corporate clients grow their businesses -- the basis for her practical coaching advice here. She also was the 2005 Athena Award recipient for her leadership role in mentoring other professional women. Jody will be talking with you weekly on TDS’ blog to share her insights and tips from the C-Suite perspective. Follow on G+.
Researchers at NEC-Mitsubishi, questioned 2,000 office workers and found many to be suffering from "Irritable Desk Syndrome" (IDS). It was so named after the survey discovered that 40% said they were "infuriated by too much clutter and paper on their desks but could not be bothered to do anything about it."
This month, we’re focusing on new African GMO seeds and food products. We’ve linked information to these summaries, all of which are interesting reading if you’d like to learn more.
Empathy, or the ability to embrace a true understanding of another’s feelings or sentiments, is often cited as a key trait for employees today. However, if that soft skill is to become a workplace expectation, leadership must embrace and exhibit the behavior first.
How do ordinary people catapult themselves to “expert” or “guru” status just by opening their mouths? Having been a keynote speaker for more than 50 events, I’ll offer some clues to help you cloak your presentation anxieties.
Who says, in these politically correct times, that we can’t celebrate traditional holidays and inject a little fun in the workplace without stepping on hearts? Here’s a list of sweet ideas to mark Valentine’s Day in a way that includes everyone, regardless of their current romantic status, and shows that your company has a caring heart.
Heads up, HR specialists! The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) is taking a Philadelphia model audit to a national platform in its search to locate pensioners who are not collecting owed retirement benefits.
First, let’s be clear on this -- no, I don’t receive kick-backs or samples of these products for including them on this list, so I am impartial for the most part. That said, I hope you find something here that meets your needs:
The world we live in today would have been unimaginable only 20 years ago, which begs the question: what will it be like in the next decade? Here’s what’s brewing in R&D labs now.
Today’s biggest agricultural challenge: producing enough food for the world’s growing population without using up all our shrinking soil and water resources. Secondarily, how can farmers reduce food toxicity in light of increasing cancer rates?
- How does fiber optic high speed internet improve your communications? March 21, 2018
- Do you suffer from IDS – Irritable Desk Syndrome? March 20, 2018
- What Makes Fiber A More Reliable Business Internet Connection? March 16, 2018
- managedIP Webinar: Custom On-Hold Music & Messages March 15, 2018
- Your Business Skills vs. African Challenges March 14, 2018
- Give ‘Em What They Want: The Small Perk with the Big Payoff September 18, 2012
- What Game of Thrones teaches us about business communications March 15, 2013
- Work-Life Balance is a scam July 11, 2013
- The ‘Big Five’ office annoyances & How to deal with them February 11, 2013
- How to Maintain Productivity While Working Virtually October 11, 2012
- Mike: One thing that I have used in travel as well as at...
- PrasantaShee: If you wish to have free HD VOIP Audio conferencin...
- Bernadette Burg: I agree with some of the awareness of Gen Z, howev...
- Patrick Yates: Great piece!!...
- In the Know: What’s new in biotech agriculture | TDS Business: […] sex-war waged against moths? Remember ou...
2014 advice Barclay Pollak biz Biz Advice Business business advice business news Business Tips email entrepreneur Facebook HR InBusiness Jason Mueller jody glynn Patrick Leadership managedIP managedIP Hosted Marketing Mike MacDonald productivity sales Small Biz small business SMB SMBs social media Startup Stephanie Reed TDS TDS Biz Blog TDSBizBlog TDS Business TDS Business Blog TDS Telecom Technology telecommuting Tips and Advice twitter Ty Kiisel VoIP Wisconsin work work from home
- Barclay Pollak (RSS) (111)
- Brad Miller (RSS) (13)
- Brandon Allen (RSS) (17)
- Charles Borrell (RSS) (9)
- Dawn Mentzer (RSS) (16)
- Delora Newton (RSS) (20)
- Dr. Lynea Diane LaVoy (RSS) (4)
- Guest Blogger (RSS) (93)
- Jackie Nagel (RSS) (17)
- Jason Mueller (RSS) (26)
- Jeff Sauer (RSS) (11)
- Jody Glynn Patrick (RSS) (256)
- John Gregory Olson (RSS) (8)
- Kim George (RSS) (15)
- Kris Prusynski (RSS) (49)
- Krista Ledbetter (RSS) (25)
- La Juana Whitmore (RSS) (4)
- Leslie Ann Howard (RSS) (5)
- Lisa Karl (RSS) (5)
- Margaret Jacoby (RSS) (12)
- Melody Campbell (RSS) (9)
- Mike MacDonald (RSS) (17)
- Mike Sansone (RSS) (10)
- Mike Wanta (RSS) (40)
- Missy Kellor (RSS) (3)
- Pete Metz (RSS) (4)
- Rick Paine (RSS) (4)
- Rick Swanson (RSS) (5)
- Stephanie Reed (RSS) (34)
- TDS Security Team (RSS) (3)
- tdsbusiness (RSS) (1)
- Ty Kiisel (RSS) (25)