About Jody Glynn PatrickJody is President of Glynn Patrick & Associates, which provides management consulting, executive coaching and strategic planning services. She is Publisher Emeritus of In Business magazine, which she published for 17 years. Selected as the “U.S. Business Journalist of the Year” in 2007 in Washington, DC, by the U.S. Small Business Administration, Jody has been a business reporter, editor, radio talk show host , and has won other state and national journalism awards. At the same time, she has helped corporate clients grow their businesses -- the basis for her practical coaching advice here. She also was the 2005 Athena Award recipient for her leadership role in mentoring other professional women. Jody will be talking with you weekly on TDS’ blog to share her insights and tips from the C-Suite perspective. Follow on G+.
How do ordinary people catapult themselves to “expert” or “guru” status just by opening their mouths? Having been a keynote speaker for more than 50 events, I’ll offer some clues to help you cloak your presentation anxieties.
Who says, in these politically correct times, that we can’t celebrate traditional holidays and inject a little fun in the workplace without stepping on hearts? Here’s a list of sweet ideas to mark Valentine’s Day in a way that includes everyone, regardless of their current romantic status, and shows that your company has a caring heart.
Heads up, HR specialists! The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) is taking a Philadelphia model audit to a national platform in its search to locate pensioners who are not collecting owed retirement benefits.
First, let’s be clear on this -- no, I don’t receive kick-backs or samples of these products for including them on this list, so I am impartial for the most part. That said, I hope you find something here that meets your needs:
The world we live in today would have been unimaginable only 20 years ago, which begs the question: what will it be like in the next decade? Here’s what’s brewing in R&D labs now.
Today’s biggest agricultural challenge: producing enough food for the world’s growing population without using up all our shrinking soil and water resources. Secondarily, how can farmers reduce food toxicity in light of increasing cancer rates?
Studies back this conclusion: retention is most influenced by how appreciated employees feel for the contributions they make to the company. Since money was always tight, particularly during recessionary times, we had to be inventive. Here are three of our favorite end-of-year parties:
This month, our tech focus is on bio crop development and world population projections.
There’s no trophy or awards banquet for making it on my list of the best blogs, at least not for the writers. However, for you, readers, there are definite gains for reading these thought-provoking business blogs.
- Overcoming a naked fear of public speaking February 19, 2018
- Biotech Review: Potential life-changing medical breakthroughs February 16, 2018
- The Economic Impact of High-Speed Internet for Business February 15, 2018
- managedIP Webinar: February Edition February 14, 2018
- 7 essentials for the best Sales Summit ever February 9, 2018
- Give ‘Em What They Want: The Small Perk with the Big Payoff September 18, 2012
- What Game of Thrones teaches us about business communications March 15, 2013
- Work-Life Balance is a scam July 11, 2013
- The ‘Big Five’ office annoyances & How to deal with them February 11, 2013
- How to Maintain Productivity While Working Virtually October 11, 2012
- PrasantaShee: If you wish to have free HD VOIP Audio conferencin...
- Bernadette Burg: I agree with some of the awareness of Gen Z, howev...
- Patrick Yates: Great piece!!...
- In the Know: What’s new in biotech agriculture | TDS Business: […] sex-war waged against moths? Remember ou...
- Sarah: another awesome benefit of TDS' work-at-home prog...
2014 advice Barclay Pollak biz Biz Advice Business business advice business blog Business Tips email entrepreneur Facebook HR InBusiness Jason Mueller jody glynn Patrick Leadership LinkedIn managedIP managedIP Hosted Marketing Mike MacDonald productivity sales Small Biz small business SMB SMBs social media Startup Stephanie Reed TDS TDS Biz Blog TDSBizBlog TDS Business Blog TDS Telecom Technology telecommuting Tips and Advice twitter Ty Kiisel VoIP Wisconsin work work from home
- Barclay Pollak (RSS) (111)
- Brad Miller (RSS) (13)
- Brandon Allen (RSS) (17)
- Charles Borrell (RSS) (9)
- Dawn Mentzer (RSS) (16)
- Delora Newton (RSS) (20)
- Dr. Lynea Diane LaVoy (RSS) (4)
- Guest Blogger (RSS) (92)
- Jackie Nagel (RSS) (17)
- Jason Mueller (RSS) (26)
- Jeff Sauer (RSS) (11)
- Jody Glynn Patrick (RSS) (253)
- John Gregory Olson (RSS) (8)
- Kim George (RSS) (15)
- Kris Prusynski (RSS) (49)
- Krista Ledbetter (RSS) (25)
- La Juana Whitmore (RSS) (4)
- Leslie Ann Howard (RSS) (5)
- Lisa Karl (RSS) (5)
- Margaret Jacoby (RSS) (12)
- Melody Campbell (RSS) (9)
- Mike MacDonald (RSS) (17)
- Mike Sansone (RSS) (10)
- Mike Wanta (RSS) (33)
- Missy Kellor (RSS) (3)
- Pete Metz (RSS) (4)
- Rick Paine (RSS) (4)
- Rick Swanson (RSS) (5)
- Stephanie Reed (RSS) (34)
- TDS Security Team (RSS) (3)
- tdsbusiness (RSS) (1)
- Ty Kiisel (RSS) (25)