About Rick PaineRick Paine is a supervisor in the TDS Customer Repair department. He has been in the phone business for 33 years and has done a wide variety of jobs, all in the technical side of the business. For over 20 years, he was a Central Office technician, who worked on the equipment that provides dial tone and routes call to and from our customers. When he started working in the phone business, it was for an independent telephone company, Arvig Telephone that was later acquired by TDS Telecom in August 1994. In the early days there were still mechanical offices in some of our exchanges, while others had some first generation electronic switching offices. During the years, he has also done inside wiring, repaired outside cable problems, worked on two-way radios and microwave systems, installed and maintained PBX’s and key systems, and a number of other tasks too numerous to detail at this time. Rick will be your resource for all things Tips and Advice in our Blog. He’s seen and done it all in the telecom business.
When my tech staff and I are out in the community working in your homes and businesses we often get asked this question, so here’s… more...
Calling Across the Street, or Around the World Being able to pick up your phone and essentially call anyone, anywhere, at any time is something… more...
Providing local telephone service may seem fairly simple on the surface. Your phone rings, you answer it, and carry on a conversation with a neighbor,… more...
- What job applicants are saying online about bad candidate experiences… February 21, 2017
- Fair workweek? Five-hour workday? Longer leaves? Here’s What’s trending! February 17, 2017
- Advice from the experts: Frost & Sullivan Webinar February 15, 2017
- IT Security spending increases for 2017 February 10, 2017
- Want a more culturally-aware workforce? February brings opportunity February 7, 2017
- Give ‘Em What They Want: The Small Perk with the Big Payoff September 18, 2012
- What Game of Thrones teaches us about business communications March 15, 2013
- Work-Life Balance is a scam July 11, 2013
- The ‘Big Five’ office annoyances & How to deal with them February 11, 2013
- How to Maintain Productivity While Working Virtually October 11, 2012
- C. Brock: I don't understand why people are so nasty in pub...
- Kathleen Paris: Jody Glynn Patrick's point about secrets is espec...
- Jim Smoltz: Great story TDS getting the job done. Definately o...
- clara: Very good tips and more pls...
- EternalVayu: interesting. It's possible abuse and bullying eve...
2014 advice Barclay Pollak biz Biz Advice Brad Miller Business business advice Career email entrepreneur Facebook InBusiness Jackie Nagel Jason Mueller jody glynn Patrick Leadership managedIP managedIP Hosted Marketing Mike MacDonald office life productivity sales Small Biz small business SMB SMBs social media Startup Stephanie Reed TDS TDSBizBlog TDS Biz Blog TDS Business Blog TDS Telecom Technology telecommuting twitter Ty Kiisel VoIP Wisconsin work Work-life balance work from home
- Barclay Pollak (RSS) (111)
- Brad Miller (RSS) (13)
- Brandon Allen (RSS) (17)
- Charles Borrell (RSS) (9)
- Dawn Mentzer (RSS) (16)
- Delora Newton (RSS) (20)
- Dr. Lynea Diane LaVoy (RSS) (4)
- Guest Blogger (RSS) (80)
- Jackie Nagel (RSS) (17)
- Jason Mueller (RSS) (26)
- Jeff Sauer (RSS) (11)
- Jody Glynn Patrick (RSS) (217)
- John Gregory Olson (RSS) (8)
- Kim George (RSS) (15)
- Kris Prusynski (RSS) (48)
- Krista Ledbetter (RSS) (25)
- La Juana Whitmore (RSS) (4)
- Leslie Ann Howard (RSS) (5)
- Lisa Karl (RSS) (5)
- Margaret Jacoby (RSS) (12)
- Melody Campbell (RSS) (9)
- Mike MacDonald (RSS) (17)
- Mike Sansone (RSS) (10)
- Mike Wanta (RSS) (2)
- Missy Kellor (RSS) (1)
- Pete Metz (RSS) (4)
- Rick Paine (RSS) (4)
- Rick Swanson (RSS) (5)
- Stephanie Reed (RSS) (34)
- TDS Security Team (RSS) (3)
- tdsbusiness (RSS) (1)
- Ty Kiisel (RSS) (25)