The holiday season is in full swing and there is no better time to give back. These days random acts of kindness can go a long way.
While many of us are blessed to spend the holiday seasons with family and close friends, according to an article published by NBC news, more than 2.5 million kids — one in 30 — were homeless at some point in 2013.
It’s during these times that it is important to take the holidays as an opportunity to give back to those that are in need.
For today’s blog post, I am rounding up a list of ways that you can give back this holiday season.
- Donate non perishable items to a local food bank near you.
- Volunteer at a local shelter for the less fortunate.
- Donate your old clothing and other items to Goodwill or the Salvation Army.
- Offer to buy someone less fortunate a warm meal.
- Donate money to one of your favorite charitable organizations.
- Pay a visit to a nursing home in your area.
- Stop by a local children’s hospital and give them a box of toys.
- Give your waiter/waitress at a restaurant a large tip.
- Give your employees some additional time off during the holiday season.
- Support and sponsor a local business in your area.
It’s true, the holiday season is a super busy time for us all. However, as I’ve initially stated, there are millions of people that can benefit from random acts of kindness and compassion. All it takes is a little bit of your time and compassion to brighten someone’s holiday season.
Are there any unique or creative ways that you are planning to use to spread the holiday cheer? If so, I would love to hear them.