About Barclay PollakBarclay Pollak is an award winning journalist and proud to be a member of the Corporate Communications team at TDS Telecommunications Corp. (TDS®) in Madison, Wis. Barclay joined the team in April of 2013. Before that Barclay worked as an Anchor/ Reporter for the NBC affiliate in Madison. While at NBC-15 Barclay was recognized by several organizations for his contributions to the television news industry. They include the Wisconsin Broadcasters Association, the Radio Television Digital News Association (Edward R. Murrow Regional Award) and the Chicago/Midwest National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences (2012 Emmy Nominee). When he’s not working Barclay enjoys cheering for all the sports teams in Wisconsin. Barclay’s a University of Wisconsin-Madison alumnus and a huge fan of Badger athletics. Barclay is fascinated by the ever changing world of technology and spends a fair amount of his free time reading about the latest and greatest developments online. When Barclay’s not learning about technology he’s scouring the Internet in search of freeware. Barclay has an 8-year-old daughter and lives with his girlfriend of almost five years on Madison’s southwest side. Follow on G+.
Is it REALLY better to work in an open office environment? This week TDS Telecom's communication team tore down the walls that kept them apart. Blogger and award winning journalist Barclay Pollak tells you the good and bad of the new setup.
Interns can do a lot more than get coffee and the work no one else wants. Blogger and award winning journalist Barclay Pollak tells you about a group of interns who improved an important process for TDS Telecom and shaved months off of the project's duration.
Like free stuff? We sure do! Blogger Barclay Pollak tells you how you can get your hands on a free $50 Amazon gift card just in time for the holidays!
Double, double toil and trouble, Fire burn and cauldron bubble! Boy do we have a treat for you. Check out this behind the scenes video from blogger Barclay Pollak as he talks with hopeful entrepreneurs auditioning for ABC's hit show Shark Tank at a casting call.
October is Cyber Security Awareness Month! Blogger and award winning journalist Barclay Pollak tells you where you can get tips and resources to help protect your business.
If you're a small or even medium sized business you may think you don't have the money to create printed, physical sales and marketing collateral. Blogger and award winning journalist Barclay Pollak explains why it is worth the investment.
Not every job requires you to stare at a small glowing screen for hours at a time. TDS Telecom Field Service Technicians get to work in some pretty interesting settings. Blogger Barclay Pollak takes us to one in this video story.
Small business owners were more optimistic in August. Blogger and former award winning journalist Barclay Pollak explains why that isn't necessarily a good thing.
Short attention spans and tons of content can make it tough to get people to read your business' blog. That's why a great headline is so important. Blogger and award winning journalist, Barclay Pollak, talks with one of the best headline writers in the business for some tips.
TDS Connect Business Blog
Learn more about how TDS Business can help your company with innovative business communications services and solutions. Discover TDS Fiber, Internet, Phone and VoIP Services.
- Six reasons small businesses use VoIP phone systems August 5, 2020
- Protecting small businesses seeking financing during the pandemic August 3, 2020
- How fast internet helps set the mood for your salon July 20, 2020
- Fake emails about fake money from a fake COVID-19 fund July 14, 2020
- Working at Home: Do it right July 10, 2020
- Give ‘Em What They Want: The Small Perk with the Big Payoff September 18, 2012
- Work-Life Balance is a scam July 11, 2013
- How to Maintain Productivity While Working Virtually October 11, 2012
- The ‘Big Five’ office annoyances & How to deal with them February 11, 2013
- What Game of Thrones teaches us about business communications March 15, 2013
- The Coworking Kitchen: Making People Feel at Home In Our Space: […] members assist by marking and tossing th...
- Salina: good...
- Sophie: Great rules and great post! You'd think that this...
- Steve Hubacher: the 1st commandment should be "If you take the la...
- Anna Larson: I could never even fathom not communicating with a...
2014 advice Barclay Pollak biz Biz Advice Business business advice Business Internet business news Business Tips entrepreneur Facebook high speed internet HR InBusiness Jason Mueller jody glynn Patrick Leadership managedIP managedIP Hosted Marketing office life productivity sales Small Biz small business SMB SMBs social media Startup Stephanie Reed TDS TDS Biz Blog TDSBizBlog TDS Business TDS Business Blog TDS Telecom TDS Tips Technology telecommuting Tips and Advice twitter Ty Kiisel VoIP Wisconsin