About Jody Glynn PatrickJody is President of Glynn Patrick & Associates, which provides management consulting, executive coaching and strategic planning services. She is Publisher Emeritus of In Business magazine, which she published for 17 years. Selected as the “U.S. Business Journalist of the Year” in 2007 in Washington, DC, by the U.S. Small Business Administration, Jody has been a business reporter, editor, radio talk show host , and has won other state and national journalism awards. At the same time, she has helped corporate clients grow their businesses -- the basis for her practical coaching advice here. She also was the 2005 Athena Award recipient for her leadership role in mentoring other professional women. Jody will be talking with you weekly on TDS’ blog to share her insights and tips from the C-Suite perspective. Follow on G+.
Heads up, HR specialists! The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) is taking a Philadelphia model audit to a national platform in its search to locate pensioners who are not collecting owed retirement benefits.
First, let’s be clear on this -- no, I don’t receive kick-backs or samples of these products for including them on this list, so I am impartial for the most part. That said, I hope you find something here that meets your needs:
The world we live in today would have been unimaginable only 20 years ago, which begs the question: what will it be like in the next decade? Here’s what’s brewing in R&D labs now.
Today’s biggest agricultural challenge: producing enough food for the world’s growing population without using up all our shrinking soil and water resources. Secondarily, how can farmers reduce food toxicity in light of increasing cancer rates?
Studies back this conclusion: retention is most influenced by how appreciated employees feel for the contributions they make to the company. Since money was always tight, particularly during recessionary times, we had to be inventive. Here are three of our favorite end-of-year parties:
This month, our tech focus is on bio crop development and world population projections.
There’s no trophy or awards banquet for making it on my list of the best blogs, at least not for the writers. However, for you, readers, there are definite gains for reading these thought-provoking business blogs.
The morale of the story is this: how you conduct your business in the worst of times dictates how I (and many others) will spend our money in the best of times. Here's what I learned in the aftermath of Hurricane Irma.
Our bio review this month addresses promising breakthroughs in agriculture and what it means to the global marketplace.
TDS Connect Business Blog
Learn more about how TDS Business can help your company with innovative business communications services and solutions. Discover TDS Fiber, Internet, Phone and VoIP Services.
- The long-term investment value of fiber for business May 6, 2019
- Prairie Athletic Club’s experience with TDS May 2, 2019
- What symmetrical speed means for your business internet April 25, 2019
- Are You Ready for a Digital Business Transformation? April 19, 2019
- The different types of high speed internet for business April 12, 2019
- Give ‘Em What They Want: The Small Perk with the Big Payoff September 18, 2012
- Work-Life Balance is a scam July 11, 2013
- What Game of Thrones teaches us about business communications March 15, 2013
- How to Maintain Productivity While Working Virtually October 11, 2012
- The ‘Big Five’ office annoyances & How to deal with them February 11, 2013
- Comprehensive Guide to Managing Independent Contractor Compliance – Business Article – Business Blog: […] (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || )...
- Top Business Blogs of 2018 – Business Article – Business Blog: […] (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || )...
- Small Business and Freelancing Roundup: Week of 01/02/19 | InvoiceBerry Blog: […] 3. It’s never too late to talk abo...
- Sophie: Great rules and great post! You'd think that this...
- Steve Hubacher: the 1st commandment should be "If you take the la...
advice Barclay Pollak biz Biz Advice Business business advice Business Internet business news Business Tips entrepreneur Facebook high speed internet HR InBusiness Jason Mueller jody glynn Patrick Leadership LinkedIn managedIP managedIP Hosted Marketing productivity sales Small Biz small business SMB SMBs social media Startup Stephanie Reed TDS TDS Biz Blog TDSBizBlog TDS Business TDS Business Blog TDS Telecom TDS Tips Technology telecommuting Tips and Advice twitter Ty Kiisel VoIP Wisconsin work from home