About Mike WantaMike works on the Corporate Communications team at TDS and is the manager of the TDS Business Blog. He has a passion for all things business, storytelling, and teaching. Mike attended Edgewood College and earned degrees in English Literature and Journalism, while competing on the Men’s tennis team. He recently completed his Masters in Sustainability and Business. With his newfound free time, he plays music, tennis, and reads (a lot).
Businesses accessing the internet is nothing new. Today’s demands, however, require much faster, reliable systems and internet connections. Learn about the economic impact high-speed internet has on business owners and Information technology professionals.
When you are researching for a business high-speed internet connection, undoubtedly the price is a huge deciding factor. Take a step back from thinking just about the price and see what each connection offers at a glance.
Fiber outlasts copper cables because it doesn’t corrode, doesn’t conduct electricity, and has a more secure track record. Learn more about why fiber optics makes for a reliable business internet connection.
The option of working at home is increasingly common as organizations try to compete for the top talent. Whether you're trying it out for the first time or you need a quick reminder, here are some quick tips for doing it the right way.
Andrew Melton, specialist—Project Coordinator, recently joined TDS after 15 years in the Air Force as an explosives technician or "de-construction specialist," as he puts it. By the time he left the Air Force, he held the rank of technical sergeant. Andrew agreed to do a brief Q&A focused on the topic of Veterans Day.
Making telecom decisions can be difficult, and having a trusted advisor to talk to is invaluable.
Investors, as well as the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), are calling for the disclosure of publicly-traded companies’ data on the more qualitative aspects of business. This data includes workforce costs, workforce diversity, recruitment, turnover, and much more. When invited, by CFO.com, to share TDS’ perspective, Vicki Villacrez, SVP of Finance and CFO, offered many insights.
TDS Connect Business Blog
Learn more about how TDS Business can help your company with innovative business communications services and solutions. Discover TDS Fiber, Internet, Phone and VoIP Services.
- The Economic Impact of High-Speed Internet for Business December 4, 2019
- The different types of high speed internet for business December 2, 2019
- Go Big – Shop Small November 27, 2019
- Recruiting talent in a competitive era November 22, 2019
- What Makes Fiber A More Reliable Business Internet Connection? November 20, 2019
- Give ‘Em What They Want: The Small Perk with the Big Payoff September 18, 2012
- Work-Life Balance is a scam July 11, 2013
- What Game of Thrones teaches us about business communications March 15, 2013
- How to Maintain Productivity While Working Virtually October 11, 2012
- The ‘Big Five’ office annoyances & How to deal with them February 11, 2013
- The Coworking Kitchen: Making People Feel at Home In Our Space: […] members assist by marking and tossing th...
- Salina: good...
- Sophie: Great rules and great post! You'd think that this...
- Steve Hubacher: the 1st commandment should be "If you take the la...
- Anna Larson: I could never even fathom not communicating with a...
advice Barclay Pollak biz Biz Advice Business business advice Business Internet business news Business Tips entrepreneur Facebook high speed internet HR InBusiness Jason Mueller jody glynn Patrick Leadership LinkedIn managedIP managedIP Hosted Marketing productivity sales Small Biz small business SMB SMBs social media Startup Stephanie Reed TDS TDS Biz Blog TDSBizBlog TDS Business TDS Business Blog TDS Telecom TDS Tips Technology telecommuting Tips and Advice twitter Ty Kiisel VoIP Wisconsin work from home