About Mike WantaMike works on the Corporate Communications team at TDS and is the manager of the TDS Business Blog. He has a passion for all things business, storytelling, and teaching. Mike attended Edgewood College and earned degrees in English Literature and Journalism, while competing on the Men’s tennis team. He recently completed his Masters in Sustainability and Business. With his newfound free time, he plays music, tennis, and reads (a lot).
Researchers at Yale and Oxford collaborated to publish a study in “The Lancet” on the effects of exercising and money on human happiness. More than 1.2 million Americans participated to provide the data. As for the findings? Exercise makes more of a difference.
Fast internet can mean the difference in employer satisfaction, cost-savings, and hours of avoided hair-pulling frustration that you can’t really put a price on. Take a look at the seven biggest benefits of having fast business internet.
Podcasts are a fantastic way to turn a painstaking commute into morning coffee time with an expert. If you own or work at a small business, these are the podcasts you should be listening to.
Whether it’s a ravaging wildfire, tragic flooding, or even an untimely power outage, having a crisis communications plan is one of the smartest things you can do as a business owner or operator. Don’t wait until the last minute, because having the right safeguards in place can truly make or break you when disaster strikes.
While the COVID-19 pandemic has severely limited the number of activities we can do, enjoying the great outdoors is not one of them. Here are… more...
These days, there are just so many reasons why people want to do to something to help, to make a difference, to take action. In… more...
Small chunks of time waiting on your business internet connection significantly add up over the year. With a symmetrical connection, you will not see internet bottlenecks, will experience faster uploads, and enjoy better access to the cloud.
Fiber outlasts copper cables because it doesn’t corrode, doesn’t conduct electricity, and has a more secure track record. Learn more about why fiber optics makes for a reliable business internet connection.
TDS Connect Business Blog
Learn more about how TDS Business can help your company with innovative business communications services and solutions. Discover TDS Fiber, Internet, Phone and VoIP Services.
- What makes you happier than money? New study says exercise September 21, 2020
- Seven benefits of fast internet September 18, 2020
- Top 5 podcasts: Small business edition September 8, 2020
- Top 10 Reasons Your Salon Needs High-Speed Internet September 4, 2020
- National Preparedness Month: Crisis Communications September 1, 2020
- Give ‘Em What They Want: The Small Perk with the Big Payoff September 18, 2012
- Work-Life Balance is a scam July 11, 2013
- How to Maintain Productivity While Working Virtually October 11, 2012
- The ‘Big Five’ office annoyances & How to deal with them February 11, 2013
- What Game of Thrones teaches us about business communications March 15, 2013
- The Coworking Kitchen: Making People Feel at Home In Our Space: […] members assist by marking and tossing th...
- Salina: good...
- Sophie: Great rules and great post! You'd think that this...
- Steve Hubacher: the 1st commandment should be "If you take the la...
- Anna Larson: I could never even fathom not communicating with a...
2014 advice Barclay Pollak biz Biz Advice Business business advice Business Internet business news Business Tips entrepreneur Facebook high speed internet HR InBusiness Jason Mueller jody glynn Patrick Leadership managedIP managedIP Hosted Marketing office life productivity sales Small Biz small business SMB SMBs social media Startup Stephanie Reed TDS TDS Biz Blog TDSBizBlog TDS Business TDS Business Blog TDS Telecom TDS Tips Technology telecommuting Tips and Advice twitter Ty Kiisel VoIP Wisconsin