About Mike WantaMike works on the Corporate Communications team at TDS and is the manager of the TDS Business Blog. He has a passion for all things business, storytelling, and teaching. Mike attended Edgewood College and earned degrees in English Literature and Journalism, while competing on the Men’s tennis team. He recently completed his Masters in Sustainability and Business. With his newfound free time, he plays music, tennis, and reads (a lot).
Business today require the digital backbone to support new technologies and provide your employees with the tools they need to do great work. Learn about how TDS can provide your business with the smooth transition by offering the tools needed to effectively support this digital business transformation.
The initial cost of a fiber optic connection is higher than traditional connections, however if you were to look at the long-term costs, fiber could ultimately save your company money. Learn more about how TDS can support your business’s transition to fiber and see if TDS fiber is available in your area.
Some think sleep is a waste of time, including inventor Thomas Edison, whose light bulb has helped many of us burn the midnight oil. But in reality, sleep is incredibly important. You also may not have been born with genius-level intelligence and have to report to a job each day. This raises the stakes when it comes to the level of productivity you're asked to be at.
Fast internet can mean the difference in employer satisfaction, cost-savings, and hours of avoided hair-pulling frustration that you can’t really put a price on. Take a look at the seven biggest benefits of having fast business internet.
Businesses accessing the internet is nothing new. Today’s demands, however, require much faster, reliable systems and internet connections. Learn about the economic impact high-speed internet has on business owners and Information technology professionals.
When you are researching for a business high-speed internet connection, undoubtedly the price is a huge deciding factor. Take a step back from thinking just about the price and see what each connection offers at a glance.
Fiber outlasts copper cables because it doesn’t corrode, doesn’t conduct electricity, and has a more secure track record. Learn more about why fiber optics makes for a reliable business internet connection.
The option of working at home is increasingly common as organizations try to compete for the top talent. Whether you're trying it out for the first time or you need a quick reminder, here are some quick tips for doing it the right way.
Andrew Melton, specialist—Project Coordinator, recently joined TDS after 15 years in the Air Force as an explosives technician or "de-construction specialist," as he puts it. By the time he left the Air Force, he held the rank of technical sergeant. Andrew agreed to do a brief Q&A focused on the topic of Veterans Day.
TDS Connect Business Blog
Learn more about how TDS Business can help your company with innovative business communications services and solutions. Discover TDS Fiber, Internet, Phone and VoIP Services.
- Are You Ready for a Digital Business Transformation? January 12, 2020
- The long-term investment value of fiber for business January 5, 2020
- Sustainability in your lunch box December 22, 2019
- Productivity Hack: Tips for quality sleep December 19, 2019
- Seven benefits of fast internet December 16, 2019
- Give ‘Em What They Want: The Small Perk with the Big Payoff September 18, 2012
- Work-Life Balance is a scam July 11, 2013
- What Game of Thrones teaches us about business communications March 15, 2013
- How to Maintain Productivity While Working Virtually October 11, 2012
- The ‘Big Five’ office annoyances & How to deal with them February 11, 2013
- The Coworking Kitchen: Making People Feel at Home In Our Space: […] members assist by marking and tossing th...
- Salina: good...
- Sophie: Great rules and great post! You'd think that this...
- Steve Hubacher: the 1st commandment should be "If you take the la...
- Anna Larson: I could never even fathom not communicating with a...
advice Barclay Pollak biz Biz Advice Business business advice Business Internet business news Business Tips entrepreneur Facebook high speed internet HR InBusiness Jason Mueller jody glynn Patrick Leadership LinkedIn managedIP managedIP Hosted Marketing productivity sales Small Biz small business SMB SMBs social media Startup Stephanie Reed TDS TDS Biz Blog TDSBizBlog TDS Business TDS Business Blog TDS Telecom TDS Tips Technology telecommuting Tips and Advice twitter Ty Kiisel VoIP Wisconsin work from home