About Mike WantaMike works on the Corporate Communications team at TDS and is the manager of the TDS Business Blog. He has a passion for all things business, storytelling, and teaching. Mike attended Edgewood College and earned degrees in English Literature and Journalism, while competing on the Men’s tennis team. He recently completed his Masters in Sustainability and Business. With his newfound free time, he plays music, tennis, and reads (a lot).
This is an alert for small business owners who are looking to apply for the Paycheck Protection Program (“PPP”) loans offered by the U.S. Small… more...
There’s a lot to worry about when it comes to the Coronavirus crisis, including the new ways scammers are using the economic impact payments (so-called… more...
Fiber outlasts copper cables because it doesn’t corrode, doesn’t conduct electricity, and has a more secure track record. Learn more about why fiber optics makes for a reliable business internet connection.
The initial cost of a fiber optic connection is higher than traditional connections, however if you were to look at the long-term costs, fiber could ultimately save your company money. Learn more about how TDS can support your business’s transition to fiber and see if TDS fiber is available in your area.
Many TDS customers are working at home and learning remotely; due to efforts to reduce the spread of the coronavirus. This has also led to… more...
Small chunks of time waiting on your business internet connection significantly add up over the year. With a symmetrical connection, you will not see internet bottlenecks, will experience faster uploads, and enjoy better access to the cloud.
The FTC (Federal Trade Commission) just launched a new resource page for cybersecurity and small businesses. Small businesses are often the most vulnerable, because the scale and level of planning that hackers use for attacks is hard to defend against.
Slow internet isn't really much of an option for businesses anymore. It's too important for day-to-day operations. Find out why businesses are going out of their way to get a fiber connection.
TDS Connect Business Blog
Learn more about how TDS Business can help your company with innovative business communications services and solutions. Discover TDS Fiber, Internet, Phone and VoIP Services.
- What do COVID-19 scams look like in your state June 23, 2020
- TDS Quick Guide: The Power of Remote Possibility now available June 15, 2020
- Father’s Day gift ideas June 10, 2020
- Distance yourself from eye strain June 4, 2020
- Tips to keep your office desk area clean June 1, 2020
- Give ‘Em What They Want: The Small Perk with the Big Payoff September 18, 2012
- Work-Life Balance is a scam July 11, 2013
- How to Maintain Productivity While Working Virtually October 11, 2012
- The ‘Big Five’ office annoyances & How to deal with them February 11, 2013
- What Game of Thrones teaches us about business communications March 15, 2013
- The Coworking Kitchen: Making People Feel at Home In Our Space: […] members assist by marking and tossing th...
- Salina: good...
- Sophie: Great rules and great post! You'd think that this...
- Steve Hubacher: the 1st commandment should be "If you take the la...
- Anna Larson: I could never even fathom not communicating with a...
2014 advice Barclay Pollak biz Biz Advice Business business advice Business Internet business news Business Tips entrepreneur Facebook high speed internet HR InBusiness Jason Mueller jody glynn Patrick Leadership managedIP managedIP Hosted Marketing office life productivity sales Small Biz small business SMB SMBs social media Startup Stephanie Reed TDS TDS Biz Blog TDSBizBlog TDS Business TDS Business Blog TDS Telecom TDS Tips Technology telecommuting Tips and Advice twitter Ty Kiisel VoIP Wisconsin