About Mike WantaMike works on the Corporate Communications team at TDS and is the manager of the TDS Business Blog. He has a passion for all things business, storytelling, and teaching. Mike attended Edgewood College and earned degrees in English Literature and Journalism, while competing on the Men’s tennis team. He recently completed his Masters in Sustainability and Business. With his newfound free time, he plays music, tennis, and reads (a lot).
Making telecom decisions can be difficult, and having a trusted advisor to talk to is invaluable.
Investors, as well as the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), are calling for the disclosure of publicly-traded companies’ data on the more qualitative aspects of business. This data includes workforce costs, workforce diversity, recruitment, turnover, and much more. When invited, by CFO.com, to share TDS’ perspective, Vicki Villacrez, SVP of Finance and CFO, offered many insights.
Whether it’s a ravaging wildfire, tragic flooding, or even an untimely power outage, having a crisis communications plan is one of the smartest things you can do as a business owner or operator. Don’t wait until the last minute, because having the right safeguards in place can truly make or break you when disaster strikes.
Podcasts are a fantastic way to turn a painstaking commute into morning coffee time with an expert. If you own or work at a small business, these are the podcasts you should be listening to.
Slow internet isn't really much of an option for businesses anymore. It's too important for day-to-day operations. Find out why businesses are going out of their way to get a fiber connection.
The latest business customer testimonial features founder and inventor of Squatty Potty, Bobby Edwards. Edwards praised TDS' ability to scale with his company as they navigated the journey from Shark Tank to becoming a "$30 million cult juggernaut."
You've landed your first internship. You're thinking, "Wow, I might actually become a real, gainfully-employed adult one day." Here’s my best advice for how to crush your internship and get the absolute most out of it. (And for those of you far-removed from the intern life, here’s a little window into the experience of one.)
TDS Connect Business Blog
Learn more about how TDS Business can help your company with innovative business communications services and solutions. Discover TDS Fiber, Internet, Phone and VoIP Services.
- Are You Ready for a Digital Business Transformation? January 12, 2020
- The long-term investment value of fiber for business January 5, 2020
- Sustainability in your lunch box December 22, 2019
- Productivity Hack: Tips for quality sleep December 19, 2019
- Seven benefits of fast internet December 16, 2019
- Give ‘Em What They Want: The Small Perk with the Big Payoff September 18, 2012
- Work-Life Balance is a scam July 11, 2013
- What Game of Thrones teaches us about business communications March 15, 2013
- How to Maintain Productivity While Working Virtually October 11, 2012
- The ‘Big Five’ office annoyances & How to deal with them February 11, 2013
- The Coworking Kitchen: Making People Feel at Home In Our Space: […] members assist by marking and tossing th...
- Salina: good...
- Sophie: Great rules and great post! You'd think that this...
- Steve Hubacher: the 1st commandment should be "If you take the la...
- Anna Larson: I could never even fathom not communicating with a...
advice Barclay Pollak biz Biz Advice Business business advice Business Internet business news Business Tips entrepreneur Facebook high speed internet HR InBusiness Jason Mueller jody glynn Patrick Leadership LinkedIn managedIP managedIP Hosted Marketing productivity sales Small Biz small business SMB SMBs social media Startup Stephanie Reed TDS TDS Biz Blog TDSBizBlog TDS Business TDS Business Blog TDS Telecom TDS Tips Technology telecommuting Tips and Advice twitter Ty Kiisel VoIP Wisconsin work from home