About Mike WantaMike works on the Corporate Communications team at TDS and is the manager of the TDS Business Blog. He has a passion for all things business, storytelling, and teaching. Mike attended Edgewood College and earned degrees in English Literature and Journalism, while competing on the Men’s tennis team. He recently completed his Masters in Sustainability and Business. With his newfound free time, he plays music, tennis, and reads (a lot).
The holiday season is almost here! That means you’ll be spending some much needed time away from the office. But time away doesn’t mean you’ll leave your customers hanging if they’re in a pinch. This month our expert will show you not one, not two, but three ways managedIP (mIP) will help you stay connected with your customers while you're reconnecting with friends and family.
New research suggests that nearly 50% of all calls will be scams by early next year. Here's why it's increasing and what you can do to handle them.
Jeff Schulz, IT Director for O'Connell Pharmacy was excited for TDS to come to Sun Prairie, Wisconsin. With too much downtime with their previous provider, Jeff wanted a more reliable connection—and that's exactly what he received when fiber was hooked up. See what he had to say about his experience with TDS so far.
You've landed your first internship. You're thinking, "Wow, I might actually become a real, gainfully-employed adult one day." Here’s my best advice for how to crush your internship and get the absolute most out of it. (And for those of you far-removed from the intern life, here’s a little window into the experience of one.)
The FTC (Federal Trade Commission) just launched a new resource page for cybersecurity and small businesses. Small businesses are often the most vulnerable, because the scale and level of planning that hackers use for attacks is hard to defend against.
How do I reset my passcode or password? What’s a passcode? What’s a password? Why can’t I use 12345678? Have you found yourself pondering these managedIP related questions? Get ready to put your mind at ease! This month our managedIP expert will answer these questions plus much, much more.
Recently, TDS Telecom President and CEO, Jim Butman decided to challenge job-seekers and future professionals alike to take a look at TDS. It’s no secret; CEOs nationwide are facing record unemployment levels, coupled with a widening skills gap. Here's my take as a millennial who works at TDS.
The Better Business Bureau, a non-profit whose focus is "advancing marketplace trust," recently reported perhaps one of the most dangerous scams yet. Businesses are being contacted by imposters posing as the Better Business Bureau itself.
"I had to look it up, because it's really an American Holiday," said Luis Chavez, lead software engineer, in the spirit of full disclosure. After doing a bit of research, Luis was happy to talk about the sentiment behind National Hispanic Heritage Month and its impact.
TDS Connect Business Blog
Learn more about how TDS Business can help your company with innovative business communications services and solutions. Discover TDS Fiber, Internet, Phone and VoIP Services.
- Black History Month: Famous Inventors February 15, 2019
- Simon says…put your phones down! February 12, 2019
- Best Super Bowl Ads this year February 8, 2019
- Comprehensive Guide to Managing Independent Contractor Compliance February 4, 2019
- Small Business Hack: Automate your invoicing January 25, 2019
- Give ‘Em What They Want: The Small Perk with the Big Payoff September 18, 2012
- Work-Life Balance is a scam July 11, 2013
- What Game of Thrones teaches us about business communications March 15, 2013
- How to Maintain Productivity While Working Virtually October 11, 2012
- The ‘Big Five’ office annoyances & How to deal with them February 11, 2013
- Comprehensive Guide to Managing Independent Contractor Compliance – Business Article – Business Blog: […] (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || )...
- Top Business Blogs of 2018 – Business Article – Business Blog: […] (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || )...
- Small Business and Freelancing Roundup: Week of 01/02/19 | InvoiceBerry Blog: […] 3. It’s never too late to talk abo...
- Sophie: Great rules and great post! You'd think that this...
- Steve Hubacher: the 1st commandment should be "If you take the la...
advice Barclay Pollak biz Biz Advice Business business advice Business Internet business news Business Tips entrepreneur Facebook high speed internet HR InBusiness Jason Mueller jody glynn Patrick Leadership LinkedIn managedIP managedIP Hosted Marketing productivity sales Small Biz small business SMB SMBs social media Startup Stephanie Reed TDS TDS Biz Blog TDSBizBlog TDS Business TDS Business Blog TDS Telecom TDS Tips Technology telecommuting Tips and Advice twitter Ty Kiisel VoIP Wisconsin work from home