About Mike WantaMike works on the Corporate Communications team at TDS and is the manager of the TDS Business Blog. He has a passion for all things business, storytelling, and teaching. Mike attended Edgewood College and earned degrees in English Literature and Journalism, while competing on the Men’s tennis team. He recently completed his Masters in Sustainability and Business. With his newfound free time, he plays music, tennis, and reads (a lot).
Whether it’s a ravaging wildfire, tragic flooding, or even an untimely power outage, having a crisis communications plan is one of the smartest things you can do as a business owner or operator. Don’t wait until the last minute, because having the right safeguards in place can truly make or break you when disaster strikes.
Podcasts are a fantastic way to turn a painstaking commute into morning coffee time with an expert. If you own or work at a small business, these are the podcasts you should be listening to.
Slow internet isn't really much of an option for businesses anymore. It's too important for day-to-day operations. Find out why businesses are going out of their way to get a fiber connection.
The latest business customer testimonial features founder and inventor of Squatty Potty, Bobby Edwards. Edwards praised TDS' ability to scale with his company as they navigated the journey from Shark Tank to becoming a "$30 million cult juggernaut."
You've landed your first internship. You're thinking, "Wow, I might actually become a real, gainfully-employed adult one day." Here’s my best advice for how to crush your internship and get the absolute most out of it. (And for those of you far-removed from the intern life, here’s a little window into the experience of one.)
Researchers at Yale and Oxford collaborated to publish a study in “The Lancet” on the effects of exercising and money on human happiness. More than 1.2 million Americans participated to provide the data. As for the findings? Exercise makes more of a difference.
It’s important to keep the employees happy who directly affect your company’s bottom line. While every department is vital to keeping your well-oiled company machine running, your Sales force deserves some careful attention.
The FTC (Federal Trade Commission) just launched a new resource page for cybersecurity and small businesses. Small businesses are often the most vulnerable, because the scale and level of planning that hackers use for attacks is hard to defend against.
Jeff Schulz, IT Director for O'Connell Pharmacy was excited for TDS to come to Sun Prairie, Wisconsin. With too much downtime with their previous provider, Jeff wanted a more reliable connection—and that's exactly what he received when fiber was hooked up. See what he had to say about his experience with TDS so far.
TDS Connect Business Blog
Learn more about how TDS Business can help your company with innovative business communications services and solutions. Discover TDS Fiber, Internet, Phone and VoIP Services.
- The Economic Impact of High-Speed Internet for Business December 4, 2019
- The different types of high speed internet for business December 2, 2019
- Go Big – Shop Small November 27, 2019
- Recruiting talent in a competitive era November 22, 2019
- What Makes Fiber A More Reliable Business Internet Connection? November 20, 2019
- Give ‘Em What They Want: The Small Perk with the Big Payoff September 18, 2012
- Work-Life Balance is a scam July 11, 2013
- What Game of Thrones teaches us about business communications March 15, 2013
- How to Maintain Productivity While Working Virtually October 11, 2012
- The ‘Big Five’ office annoyances & How to deal with them February 11, 2013
- The Coworking Kitchen: Making People Feel at Home In Our Space: […] members assist by marking and tossing th...
- Salina: good...
- Sophie: Great rules and great post! You'd think that this...
- Steve Hubacher: the 1st commandment should be "If you take the la...
- Anna Larson: I could never even fathom not communicating with a...
advice Barclay Pollak biz Biz Advice Business business advice Business Internet business news Business Tips entrepreneur Facebook high speed internet HR InBusiness Jason Mueller jody glynn Patrick Leadership LinkedIn managedIP managedIP Hosted Marketing productivity sales Small Biz small business SMB SMBs social media Startup Stephanie Reed TDS TDS Biz Blog TDSBizBlog TDS Business TDS Business Blog TDS Telecom TDS Tips Technology telecommuting Tips and Advice twitter Ty Kiisel VoIP Wisconsin work from home