About Guest BloggerGuest bloggers for the TDS Business Blog.
An average employee spends 56 minutes per day using his/her phone for personal reasons. While this is an astounding amount of time, it shouldn’t come as a surprise.
Single-use plastics are all the buzz right now. Starbucks just announced its plan to be rid of straws by 2020. Seattle is the first city to ban plastic utensils and straws in the United States. Many other companies, such as McDonald’s, American Airlines, and Hyatt have announced similar plans globally.
These days, it seems as though we’re all looking for ways to reduce our carbon footprint. There are proposed bans on straws, reusable bags (even for produce) are found everywhere, and more alternative energy sources are being implemented. Another sustainable lifestyle is also being revisited: biking to work.
Appearing in the June issue of ISE Magazine, “Planting the Seeds of Inclusion” highlights our efforts to create a more diverse and inclusive workforce. We believe Employee Resource Groups — developed by employees, based on employee interests — are integral to fostering a more inclusive workforce.
According to a study conducted by Cone Communications, more than 60% of Americans hope businesses will drive social and economic change without government regulation. But this shouldn’t come as a surprise.
Facebook’s mission is to give users “the power to build community and bring the world closer together.” Unfortunately, the social network has also given scammers the ability to become closer to their targets: Facebook users.
Your ambiance is your brand. How clients feel when they are in your space contributes to how often and if, they will return, how much… more...
Remember the good old days? The mullet was king and everyone paid with cash or check. While the flow may be on its way back… more...
How do your business skills measure up to African challenges? Each day we work we build skills whether that is learning to communicate just that extra bit better or discovering a new way to use Excel. But are any of them useful when you leave the comfort of the familiar and go to a foreign country and culture?
TDS Connect Business Blog
Learn more about how TDS Business can help your company with innovative business communications services and solutions. Discover TDS Fiber, Internet, Phone and VoIP Services.
- 7 Time Saving Tips for Working With Freelancers January 17, 2019
- Top Business Blogs of 2018 January 7, 2019
- 7 tips for a happy year December 31, 2018
- 10 commandments of kitchen etiquette in the workplace December 26, 2018
- Top 5 business podcasts for 2019 December 20, 2018
- Give ‘Em What They Want: The Small Perk with the Big Payoff September 18, 2012
- Work-Life Balance is a scam July 11, 2013
- What Game of Thrones teaches us about business communications March 15, 2013
- How to Maintain Productivity While Working Virtually October 11, 2012
- The ‘Big Five’ office annoyances & How to deal with them February 11, 2013
- Anna Larson: I could never even fathom not communicating with a...
- Expect the unexpected from TDS Telecom - Chain Magazine: […] a recent letter to employee hopefuls Pre...
- 7 Benefits You Will Have When Going International With Your Startup: […] Every employee needs to be a member of y...
- Tim: With such a tremendous surge, what is the govt doi...
- Shane Corcoran: I get so excited when i read things like this. Tec...
advice Barclay Pollak biz Biz Advice Business business advice Business Internet business news Business Tips entrepreneur Facebook high speed internet HR InBusiness Jason Mueller jody glynn Patrick Leadership LinkedIn managedIP managedIP Hosted Marketing productivity sales Small Biz small business SMB SMBs social media Startup Stephanie Reed TDS TDS Biz Blog TDSBizBlog TDS Business TDS Business Blog TDS Telecom TDS Tips Technology telecommuting Tips and Advice twitter Ty Kiisel VoIP Wisconsin work from home