Tag Archives | business advice
When we see other people as “them”, outside the nucleus of “us”, we lose our empathy cushion, which is the key to our greater humanity. Here’s why that’s true -- and how to get your caring mojo back for all people.
TDS’ managedIP Hosted Unified Communications solution helps you stay connected to coworkers and clients using whichever device is most convenient. This month our expert will show you how this powerful tool helps you stay in contact without being tethered to your desk.
There is an emerging practice among Fortune 500 companies of publishing “diversity reports”. Though Coke and other global firms have been posting positive diversity statistics on their websites for a few years to set themselves apart, this new wave of posting diversity reports is aimed at inspiring and measuring change.
Congrats on your hire or promotion! But before you take your new authority for a spin, let’s take your natural enthusiasm (or qualms) for leading a new team and slow it down, back it up, and set a course that’s really going to serve you well as the organization’s designated driver.
This month's managedIP webinar was an important one. In a time where customer service is paramount, you never want to put a customer on hold. Of course, that’s not realistic, and sometimes you have to.
It’s vogue in many offices to add a short motivational quote under your signature line to inspire others (or to hint that you are inspired), but how do you pick them and how often do you change your mantra?
Researchers at NEC-Mitsubishi, questioned 2,000 office workers and found many to be suffering from "Irritable Desk Syndrome" (IDS). It was so named after the survey discovered that 40% said they were "infuriated by too much clutter and paper on their desks but could not be bothered to do anything about it."
Fiber outlasts copper cables because it doesn’t corrode, doesn’t conduct electricity, and has a more secure track record. Learn more about why fiber optics makes for a reliable business internet connection.
How do your business skills measure up to African challenges? Each day we work we build skills whether that is learning to communicate just that extra bit better or discovering a new way to use Excel. But are any of them useful when you leave the comfort of the familiar and go to a foreign country and culture?
TDS Connect Business Blog
Learn more about how TDS Business can help your company with innovative business communications services and solutions. Discover TDS Fiber, Internet, Phone and VoIP Services.
- Passwords & Passcodes Webinar October 12, 2018
- TDS CEO taking recruitment to a new level October 8, 2018
- Better Business Bureau reports imposter scam October 4, 2018
- Hispanic Heritage Month: An employee’s perspective September 28, 2018
- Data Breaches and “credential stuffing” September 22, 2018
- Give ‘Em What They Want: The Small Perk with the Big Payoff September 18, 2012
- Work-Life Balance is a scam July 11, 2013
- What Game of Thrones teaches us about business communications March 15, 2013
- How to Maintain Productivity While Working Virtually October 11, 2012
- The ‘Big Five’ office annoyances & How to deal with them February 11, 2013
- Shane Corcoran: I get so excited when i read things like this. Tec...
- Rae Ann Rockhill: This behavior is just rude, no matter who is doing...
- GS: I have to respectively say that I think this artic...
- dboegli: Thank you for your excellent work on the TDS blog ...
- Kathy Mangan: Happy Travels Jody! I have enjoyed your articles o...
advice Barclay Pollak biz Biz Advice Business business advice Business Internet business news Business Tips entrepreneur Facebook high speed internet HR InBusiness Jason Mueller jody glynn Patrick Leadership managedIP managedIP Hosted Marketing productivity sales Small Biz small business SMB SMBs social media Startup Stephanie Reed TDS TDSBizBlog TDS Biz Blog TDS Business TDS Business Blog TDS Telecom TDS Tips Technology telecommuting Tips and Advice twitter Ty Kiisel VoIP Wisconsin work work from home