Tag Archives | business advice
This month's managedIP webinar was an important one. In a time where customer service is paramount, you never want to put a customer on hold. Of course, that’s not realistic, and sometimes you have to.
It’s vogue in many offices to add a short motivational quote under your signature line to inspire others (or to hint that you are inspired), but how do you pick them and how often do you change your mantra?
Researchers at NEC-Mitsubishi, questioned 2,000 office workers and found many to be suffering from "Irritable Desk Syndrome" (IDS). It was so named after the survey discovered that 40% said they were "infuriated by too much clutter and paper on their desks but could not be bothered to do anything about it."
Fiber outlasts copper cables because it doesn’t corrode, doesn’t conduct electricity, and has a more secure track record. Learn more about why fiber optics makes for a reliable business internet connection.
How do your business skills measure up to African challenges? Each day we work we build skills whether that is learning to communicate just that extra bit better or discovering a new way to use Excel. But are any of them useful when you leave the comfort of the familiar and go to a foreign country and culture?
Small chunks of time waiting on your business internet connection significantly add up over the year. With a symmetrical connection, you will not see internet bottlenecks, will experience faster uploads, and enjoy better access to the cloud.
Empathy, or the ability to embrace a true understanding of another’s feelings or sentiments, is often cited as a key trait for employees today. However, if that soft skill is to become a workplace expectation, leadership must embrace and exhibit the behavior first.
When you are researching for a business high-speed internet connection, undoubtedly the price is a huge deciding factor. Take a step back from thinking just about the price and see what each connection offers at a glance.
How do ordinary people catapult themselves to “expert” or “guru” status just by opening their mouths? Having been a keynote speaker for more than 50 events, I’ll offer some clues to help you cloak your presentation anxieties.
TDS Connect Business Blog
Learn more about how TDS Business can help your company with innovative business communications services and solutions. Discover TDS Fiber, Internet, Phone and VoIP Services.
- Summer Fun (Away From Your Desk) June 18, 2018
- How fast internet helps set the mood for your salon June 14, 2018
- 2018 Business Disruptors June 13, 2018
- Severe weather alerts: what they could mean to your business June 8, 2018
- Why your salon’s internet reliability really matters June 7, 2018
- Give ‘Em What They Want: The Small Perk with the Big Payoff September 18, 2012
- Work-Life Balance is a scam July 11, 2013
- What Game of Thrones teaches us about business communications March 15, 2013
- How to Maintain Productivity While Working Virtually October 11, 2012
- The ‘Big Five’ office annoyances & How to deal with them February 11, 2013
- Mike: One thing that I have used in travel as well as at...
- PrasantaShee: If you wish to have free HD VOIP Audio conferencin...
- Bernadette Burg: I agree with some of the awareness of Gen Z, howev...
- Patrick Yates: Great piece!!...
- In the Know: What’s new in biotech agriculture | TDS Business: […] sex-war waged against moths? Remember ou...
2014 advice Barclay Pollak biz Biz Advice Business business advice business news Business Tips email entrepreneur Facebook high speed internet HR InBusiness Jason Mueller jody glynn Patrick Leadership managedIP managedIP Hosted Marketing productivity sales Small Biz small business SMB SMBs social media Startup Stephanie Reed TDS TDSBizBlog TDS Biz Blog TDS Business TDS Business Blog TDS Telecom Technology telecommuting Tips and Advice twitter Ty Kiisel VoIP Wisconsin work work from home