Tag Archives | business advice
You've landed your first internship. You're thinking, "Wow, I might actually become a real, gainfully-employed adult one day." Here’s my best advice for how to crush your internship and get the absolute most out of it. (And for those of you far-removed from the intern life, here’s a little window into the experience of one.)
Researchers at Yale and Oxford collaborated to publish a study in “The Lancet” on the effects of exercising and money on human happiness. More than 1.2 million Americans participated to provide the data. As for the findings? Exercise makes more of a difference.
Many of us sit for at least eight hours a day in the office, a habit that can lead to serious health concerns down the line. We also probably find that this habit becomes super uncomfortable throughout the day – inhibiting our focus and productivity. These few exercises can help you keep you alert, fresh, and focused!
It’s important to keep the employees happy who directly affect your company’s bottom line. While every department is vital to keeping your well-oiled company machine running, your Sales force deserves some careful attention.
The FTC (Federal Trade Commission) just launched a new resource page for cybersecurity and small businesses. Small businesses are often the most vulnerable, because the scale and level of planning that hackers use for attacks is hard to defend against.
Small chunks of time waiting on your business internet connection significantly add up over the year. With a symmetrical connection, you will not see internet bottlenecks, will experience faster uploads, and enjoy better access to the cloud.
How do ordinary people catapult themselves to “expert” or “guru” status just by opening their mouths? Having been a keynote speaker for more than 50 events, I’ll offer some clues to help you cloak your presentation anxieties.
A new study found that slow internet is a major culprit in productivity loss. 1 Gigabit Fiber internet can change all of that.
Mindfulness can provide almost immediate benefits in your life and mental wellbeing. Take a moment and think about the last time that you were fully present, fully aware, and NOT on autopilot.
TDS Connect Business Blog
Learn more about how TDS Business can help your company with innovative business communications services and solutions. Discover TDS Fiber, Internet, Phone and VoIP Services.
- Are You Ready for a Digital Business Transformation? January 12, 2020
- The long-term investment value of fiber for business January 5, 2020
- Sustainability in your lunch box December 22, 2019
- Productivity Hack: Tips for quality sleep December 19, 2019
- Seven benefits of fast internet December 16, 2019
- Give ‘Em What They Want: The Small Perk with the Big Payoff September 18, 2012
- Work-Life Balance is a scam July 11, 2013
- What Game of Thrones teaches us about business communications March 15, 2013
- How to Maintain Productivity While Working Virtually October 11, 2012
- The ‘Big Five’ office annoyances & How to deal with them February 11, 2013
- The Coworking Kitchen: Making People Feel at Home In Our Space: […] members assist by marking and tossing th...
- Salina: good...
- Sophie: Great rules and great post! You'd think that this...
- Steve Hubacher: the 1st commandment should be "If you take the la...
- Anna Larson: I could never even fathom not communicating with a...
advice Barclay Pollak biz Biz Advice Business business advice Business Internet business news Business Tips entrepreneur Facebook high speed internet HR InBusiness Jason Mueller jody glynn Patrick Leadership LinkedIn managedIP managedIP Hosted Marketing productivity sales Small Biz small business SMB SMBs social media Startup Stephanie Reed TDS TDS Biz Blog TDSBizBlog TDS Business TDS Business Blog TDS Telecom TDS Tips Technology telecommuting Tips and Advice twitter Ty Kiisel VoIP Wisconsin work from home