Tag Archives | business advice
It's almost a new year, which means it's time to evaluate how you're spending your time. When you're on your way to work, do you listen to sports talk radio? Or maybe you listen to the same classic rock station that never changes their playlist? Don't get me wrong, I like ESPN radio and belting out Journey at the top of my lungs as much as the next guy or girl. But what if you used the time differently?
Tis the season to be jolly, but when it comes to holiday parties for your work, it’s important to keep proper etiquette in mind. On… more...
The holiday season is almost here! That means you’ll be spending some much needed time away from the office. But time away doesn’t mean you’ll leave your customers hanging if they’re in a pinch. This month our expert will show you not one, not two, but three ways managedIP (mIP) will help you stay connected with your customers while you're reconnecting with friends and family.
You've landed your first internship. You're thinking, "Wow, I might actually become a real, gainfully-employed adult one day." Here’s my best advice for how to crush your internship and get the absolute most out of it. (And for those of you far-removed from the intern life, here’s a little window into the experience of one.)
The FTC (Federal Trade Commission) just launched a new resource page for cybersecurity and small businesses. Small businesses are often the most vulnerable, because the scale and level of planning that hackers use for attacks is hard to defend against.
Whether it’s a ravaging wildfire, tragic flooding, or even an untimely power outage, having a crisis communications plan is one of the smartest things you can do as a business owner or operator. Don’t wait until the last minute, because having the right safeguards in place can truly make or break you when disaster strikes.
Many of us sit for at least eight hours a day in the office, a habit that can lead to serious health concerns down the line. We also probably find that this habit becomes super uncomfortable throughout the day – inhibiting our focus and productivity. These few exercises can help you keep you alert, fresh, and focused!
To buy or to lease, a debate we often have when buying a car, is beginning to surface in businesses’ minds regarding credit card processing equipment. Here’s what you need to know if the option of leasing credit card processing equipment is ever offered to you.
In 2017, the U.S. was impacted by 16 separate billion-dollar disaster events including three tropical cyclones, eight severe storms, two inland floods, a crop freeze, drought and wildfire. Can’t happen where you live? The odds are that weather not only can, but it will affect your business in the next five years, based on changing climatic storm patterns.
TDS Connect Business Blog
Learn more about how TDS Business can help your company with innovative business communications services and solutions. Discover TDS Fiber, Internet, Phone and VoIP Services.
- Life hack for stress reduction: Mindfulness Meditation July 12, 2019
- What is symmetrical speed, and why should you (and your business) care? July 8, 2019
- ‘A La Carte’ Resources for Independent Contractors July 1, 2019
- How does fiber optic high speed internet improve your communications? June 28, 2019
- How To Become An Amazon Seller June 24, 2019
- Give ‘Em What They Want: The Small Perk with the Big Payoff September 18, 2012
- Work-Life Balance is a scam July 11, 2013
- What Game of Thrones teaches us about business communications March 15, 2013
- How to Maintain Productivity While Working Virtually October 11, 2012
- The ‘Big Five’ office annoyances & How to deal with them February 11, 2013
- Comprehensive Guide to Managing Independent Contractor Compliance – Business Article – Business Blog: […] (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || )...
- Top Business Blogs of 2018 – Business Article – Business Blog: […] (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || )...
- Small Business and Freelancing Roundup: Week of 01/02/19 | InvoiceBerry Blog: […] 3. It’s never too late to talk abo...
- Sophie: Great rules and great post! You'd think that this...
- Steve Hubacher: the 1st commandment should be "If you take the la...
advice Barclay Pollak biz Biz Advice Business business advice Business Internet business news Business Tips entrepreneur Facebook high speed internet HR InBusiness Jason Mueller jody glynn Patrick Leadership LinkedIn managedIP managedIP Hosted Marketing productivity sales Small Biz small business SMB SMBs social media Startup Stephanie Reed TDS TDS Biz Blog TDSBizBlog TDS Business TDS Business Blog TDS Telecom TDS Tips Technology telecommuting Tips and Advice twitter Ty Kiisel VoIP Wisconsin work from home