Tag Archives | business advice
There is an emerging practice among Fortune 500 companies of publishing “diversity reports”. Though Coke and other global firms have been posting positive diversity statistics on their websites for a few years to set themselves apart, this new wave of posting diversity reports is aimed at inspiring and measuring change.
Congrats on your hire or promotion! But before you take your new authority for a spin, let’s take your natural enthusiasm (or qualms) for leading a new team and slow it down, back it up, and set a course that’s really going to serve you well as the organization’s designated driver.
This month's managedIP webinar was an important one. In a time where customer service is paramount, you never want to put a customer on hold. Of course, that’s not realistic, and sometimes you have to.
It’s vogue in many offices to add a short motivational quote under your signature line to inspire others (or to hint that you are inspired), but how do you pick them and how often do you change your mantra?
Researchers at NEC-Mitsubishi, questioned 2,000 office workers and found many to be suffering from "Irritable Desk Syndrome" (IDS). It was so named after the survey discovered that 40% said they were "infuriated by too much clutter and paper on their desks but could not be bothered to do anything about it."
Fiber outlasts copper cables because it doesn’t corrode, doesn’t conduct electricity, and has a more secure track record. Learn more about why fiber optics makes for a reliable business internet connection.
How do your business skills measure up to African challenges? Each day we work we build skills whether that is learning to communicate just that extra bit better or discovering a new way to use Excel. But are any of them useful when you leave the comfort of the familiar and go to a foreign country and culture?
Small chunks of time waiting on your business internet connection significantly add up over the year. With a symmetrical connection, you will not see internet bottlenecks, will experience faster uploads, and enjoy better access to the cloud.
Empathy, or the ability to embrace a true understanding of another’s feelings or sentiments, is often cited as a key trait for employees today. However, if that soft skill is to become a workplace expectation, leadership must embrace and exhibit the behavior first.
TDS Connect Business Blog
Learn more about how TDS Business can help your company with innovative business communications services and solutions. Discover TDS Fiber, Internet, Phone and VoIP Services.
- managedIP: Receptionist Tool August 9, 2018
- Small business owner talks business internet August 8, 2018
- Your social media might be the reason you’re not getting hired August 3, 2018
- Prairie Athletic Club’s experience with TDS July 30, 2018
- Oregon, Wis. Fiber Forum Video July 23, 2018
- Give ‘Em What They Want: The Small Perk with the Big Payoff September 18, 2012
- Work-Life Balance is a scam July 11, 2013
- What Game of Thrones teaches us about business communications March 15, 2013
- How to Maintain Productivity While Working Virtually October 11, 2012
- The ‘Big Five’ office annoyances & How to deal with them February 11, 2013
- dboegli: Thank you for your excellent work on the TDS blog ...
- Kathy Mangan: Happy Travels Jody! I have enjoyed your articles o...
- Sarah: I don't really understand why they would perform ...
- Mike: One thing that I have used in travel as well as at...
- PrasantaShee: If you wish to have free HD VOIP Audio conferencin...
2014 advice Barclay Pollak biz Biz Advice Business business advice business news Business Tips entrepreneur Facebook high speed internet HR InBusiness Jason Mueller jody glynn Patrick Leadership managedIP managedIP Hosted Marketing productivity sales Small Biz small business SMB SMBs social media Startup Stephanie Reed TDS TDSBizBlog TDS Biz Blog TDS Business TDS Business Blog TDS Telecom TDS Tips Technology telecommuting Tips and Advice twitter Ty Kiisel VoIP Wisconsin work work from home