Tag Archives | business advice
In 2017, the U.S. was impacted by 16 separate billion-dollar disaster events including three tropical cyclones, eight severe storms, two inland floods, a crop freeze, drought and wildfire. Can’t happen where you live? The odds are that weather not only can, but it will affect your business in the next five years, based on changing climatic storm patterns.
Ask five older Americans what their ancestral heritage is and you’re likely to hear a foreign country mentioned. Then ask a young adult. When one of five millennials’ parentage includes a first-generation immigrant, their answer is just as likely to include a foreign reference.
While it’s understood that a business must and will change over time to better meet the growing expectations of its customers, it’s also just as natural for people to resist change. Here’s my checklist of the steps I found helpful to minimize employee pushback and distractions.
Mindfulness can provide almost immediate benefits in your life and mental wellbeing. Take a moment and think about the last time that you were fully present, fully aware, and NOT on autopilot.
Accidents happen and you never know when your business might be impacted. Your physical location may shut its doors, but that doesn’t mean you can’t be there for your customers and keep your business moving forward. This month our expert will show you how TDS’ managedIP Hosted VoIP phone service can help keep your business open even if disaster strikes your physical location.
When we see other people as “them”, outside the nucleus of “us”, we lose our empathy cushion, which is the key to our greater humanity. Here’s why that’s true -- and how to get your caring mojo back for all people.
TDS’ managedIP Hosted Unified Communications solution helps you stay connected to coworkers and clients using whichever device is most convenient. This month our expert will show you how this powerful tool helps you stay in contact without being tethered to your desk.
There is an emerging practice among Fortune 500 companies of publishing “diversity reports”. Though Coke and other global firms have been posting positive diversity statistics on their websites for a few years to set themselves apart, this new wave of posting diversity reports is aimed at inspiring and measuring change.
Congrats on your hire or promotion! But before you take your new authority for a spin, let’s take your natural enthusiasm (or qualms) for leading a new team and slow it down, back it up, and set a course that’s really going to serve you well as the organization’s designated driver.
TDS Connect Business Blog
Learn more about how TDS Business can help your company with innovative business communications services and solutions. Discover TDS Fiber, Internet, Phone and VoIP Services.
- 7 Time Saving Tips for Working With Freelancers January 17, 2019
- Top Business Blogs of 2018 January 7, 2019
- 7 tips for a happy year December 31, 2018
- 10 commandments of kitchen etiquette in the workplace December 26, 2018
- Top 5 business podcasts for 2019 December 20, 2018
- Give ‘Em What They Want: The Small Perk with the Big Payoff September 18, 2012
- Work-Life Balance is a scam July 11, 2013
- What Game of Thrones teaches us about business communications March 15, 2013
- How to Maintain Productivity While Working Virtually October 11, 2012
- The ‘Big Five’ office annoyances & How to deal with them February 11, 2013
- Anna Larson: I could never even fathom not communicating with a...
- Expect the unexpected from TDS Telecom - Chain Magazine: […] a recent letter to employee hopefuls Pre...
- 7 Benefits You Will Have When Going International With Your Startup: […] Every employee needs to be a member of y...
- Tim: With such a tremendous surge, what is the govt doi...
- Shane Corcoran: I get so excited when i read things like this. Tec...
advice Barclay Pollak biz Biz Advice Business business advice Business Internet business news Business Tips entrepreneur Facebook high speed internet HR InBusiness Jason Mueller jody glynn Patrick Leadership LinkedIn managedIP managedIP Hosted Marketing productivity sales Small Biz small business SMB SMBs social media Startup Stephanie Reed TDS TDS Biz Blog TDSBizBlog TDS Business TDS Business Blog TDS Telecom TDS Tips Technology telecommuting Tips and Advice twitter Ty Kiisel VoIP Wisconsin work from home