Tag Archives | Dawn Mentzer
10 commandments of kitchen etiquette in the workplace
By Guest Blogger on December 26, 2018 in Tips & Advice
Follow these commandments, and you'll be sure to keep your colleagues happy. As the new year approaches, it's time to consider how some old habits might be affecting those around you...
Spring cleaning every small business owner should do—better late than never!
By Guest Blogger on June 22, 2015 in Tips & Advice
It's officially summer! But don't dust off those boat shoes and white pants just yet. Blogger Dawn Mentzer tells you what you should be doing before your summer vacation begins.
Ha, ha! Hints for using humor in your blog posts
By Guest Blogger on October 16, 2014 in Tips & Advice
Being funny isn't easy and it's definitely not always appropriate. Blogger Dawn Mentzer has some suggestions to help you decide if cracking that joke is worth the risk of potentially alienating some of your readers.
Tips for avoiding email miscommunication
By Guest Blogger on August 22, 2014 in Tips & Advice
Communicating by email is supposed to be easy and convenient. But sometimes our well intended messages are misunderstood, leading to friction and in some cases conflict. Blogger Dawn Mentzer tells you how to avoid some of those unpleasant situations by writing more clear and concise messages.
Why hiring a freelancer will benefit your small business
By Guest Blogger on May 19, 2014 in Tips & Advice
Does your business need help right now? Blogger Dawn Mentzer explains why you may want to consider hiring a freelancer.
5 hot meeting spaces for small businesses in the cold of winter
By Guest Blogger on February 17, 2014 in Tips & Advice
Winter storm Rex, the 18th named storm of the 2013-14 winter storm season, is bearing down on the Midwest. Blogger Dawn Mentzer offers five hot meeting space ideas for small businesses in the cold of winter.
Pros and cons of starting a business after retirement
By Guest Blogger on December 30, 2013 in Tips & Advice
There are positives and negatives to starting a business at any age. Blogger Dawn Mentzer talks with retirees who started their business once they finished their careers to learn about the good and bad.
Three big advantages of being a small business
By Guest Blogger on November 18, 2013 in Tips & Advice
Good things come in small packages. Our newest blogger, Dawn Mentzer, shares three of them with you.
TDS Connect Business Blog
Learn more about how TDS Business can help your company with innovative business communications services and solutions. Discover TDS Fiber Internet, Phone, VoIP Solutions and TV.
- Scammers are hijacking job ads. Here’s how to spot the fakes May 22, 2023
- A small business success story: Lonesome Cottage Furniture Co. May 8, 2023
- How to “go green” and improve your business’ image April 24, 2023
- TDS honored as a 2023 VETS Indexes Recognized Employer April 14, 2023
- The 2023 tax scam all business owners should know! April 4, 2023
- Give ‘Em What They Want: The Small Perk with the Big Payoff September 18, 2012
- Work-Life Balance is a scam July 11, 2013
- How to Maintain Productivity While Working Virtually October 11, 2012
- The ‘Big Five’ office annoyances & How to deal with them February 11, 2013
- What Game of Thrones teaches us about business communications March 15, 2013
- Shane Corcoran: I get so excited when i read things like this. Tec...
- Rae Ann Rockhill: This behavior is just rude, no matter who is doing...
- GS: I have to respectively say that I think this artic...
- dboegli: Thank you for your excellent work on the TDS blog ...
- Kathy Mangan: Happy Travels Jody! I have enjoyed your articles o...
advice Barclay Pollak biz Biz Advice Business business advice Business Internet business news Business Tips entrepreneur Facebook high speed internet HR InBusiness Jason Mueller jody glynn Patrick Leadership LinkedIn managedIP managedIP Hosted Marketing productivity sales Small Biz small business SMB SMBs social media Startup Stephanie Reed TDS TDS Biz Blog TDSBizBlog TDS Business TDS Business Blog TDS Telecom TDS Tips Technology telecommuting Tips and Advice twitter Ty Kiisel VoIP Wisconsin work from home