Archive | Tips & AdviceRSS feed for this section
The holiday season is almost here! That means you’ll be spending some much needed time away from the office. But time away doesn’t mean you’ll leave your customers hanging if they’re in a pinch. This month our expert will show you not one, not two, but three ways managedIP (mIP) will help you stay connected with your customers while you're reconnecting with friends and family.
Since 2010, small businesses have been officially involved in the post-Thanksgiving holiday shopping frenzy with Small Business Saturday. As a local, small business this day may be daunting and intimidating. Whether it is your first Small Business Saturday or your eighth, here are 7 helpful tips to best prepare your business.
Jeff Schulz, IT Director for O'Connell Pharmacy was excited for TDS to come to Sun Prairie, Wisconsin. With too much downtime with their previous provider, Jeff wanted a more reliable connection—and that's exactly what he received when fiber was hooked up. See what he had to say about his experience with TDS so far.
You've landed your first internship. You're thinking, "Wow, I might actually become a real, gainfully-employed adult one day." Here’s my best advice for how to crush your internship and get the absolute most out of it. (And for those of you far-removed from the intern life, here’s a little window into the experience of one.)
Recently, TDS Telecom President and CEO, Jim Butman decided to challenge job-seekers and future professionals alike to take a look at TDS. It’s no secret; CEOs nationwide are facing record unemployment levels, coupled with a widening skills gap. Here's my take as a millennial who works at TDS.
"I had to look it up, because it's really an American Holiday," said Luis Chavez, lead software engineer, in the spirit of full disclosure. After doing a bit of research, Luis was happy to talk about the sentiment behind National Hispanic Heritage Month and its impact.
Data breaches are occurring at a rate higher than ever, and they’re happening at businesses. In fact, 75% of retailers in the U.S. have been hit in 2018 according to a new report, while last year 50% were hit.
Millions of Americans are affected by fraud each year. It’s nasty, difficult and can happen to just about anyone. You don’t have to be completely lost and on your own if you’re scammed. The Federal Trade Commission actually offers more than 100 videos and publications on what to do if you or your business has been scammed.
Have you ever considered tweaking how your business’s information appears on your customer’s caller ID’s when you contact them? Do you find yourself pondering how to upload a list of contacts to your enterprise directory? It’s all possible! Our managedIP Hosted expert will show you how to complete all of this.
TDS Connect Business Blog
Learn more about how TDS Business can help your company with innovative business communications services and solutions. Discover TDS Fiber, Internet, Phone and VoIP Services.
- Holiday Survival Tips with mIP November 9, 2018
- How to prepare for Small Business Saturday November 7, 2018
- Almost half of all calls will be scams by 2019 October 31, 2018
- Wisconsin pharmacy reviews TDS October 23, 2018
- How to intern like a boss October 19, 2018
- Give ‘Em What They Want: The Small Perk with the Big Payoff September 18, 2012
- Work-Life Balance is a scam July 11, 2013
- What Game of Thrones teaches us about business communications March 15, 2013
- How to Maintain Productivity While Working Virtually October 11, 2012
- The ‘Big Five’ office annoyances & How to deal with them February 11, 2013
- Shane Corcoran: I get so excited when i read things like this. Tec...
- Rae Ann Rockhill: This behavior is just rude, no matter who is doing...
- GS: I have to respectively say that I think this artic...
- dboegli: Thank you for your excellent work on the TDS blog ...
- Kathy Mangan: Happy Travels Jody! I have enjoyed your articles o...
advice Barclay Pollak biz Biz Advice Business business advice Business Internet business news Business Tips entrepreneur Facebook high speed internet HR InBusiness Jason Mueller jody glynn Patrick Leadership managedIP managedIP Hosted Marketing productivity sales Small Biz small business SMB SMBs social media Startup Stephanie Reed TDS TDSBizBlog TDS Biz Blog TDS Business TDS Business Blog TDS Telecom TDS Tips Technology telecommuting Tips and Advice twitter Ty Kiisel VoIP Wisconsin work work from home