Tag Archives | SMBs
The morning rituals of successful small business owners
By Guest Blogger on May 12, 2014 in Tips & Advice
What's the key to starting your day off on the right foot? A balanced breakfast? A morning workout? All of these are good but, the answer is flexibility. Blogger Stephanie Reed explains.
5 PR tips for small businesses
By Guest Blogger on February 13, 2014 in Tips & Advice
Sometimes it seems like there are just not enough hours in the day for small business owners. As a result, public relations (PR) activities are left on the back burner. Blogger Stephanie Reed has five PR tactics every small business should be doing.
The winter-storm-who-must-not-be-named and how business should plan for a repeat
By Guest Blogger on February 12, 2014 in Tips & Advice
This winter has been brutal. Now winter storm Pax is threatening to disrupt business in the South and along the East Coast. Blogger Delora Newton explains how you can stop bad weather from hurting your bottom line.
The cure for “cold call reluctance”
By Jody Glynn Patrick on February 11, 2014 in Tips & Advice
Blogger Jody Glynn Patrick has the cure for "cold call reluctance." Here's a hint: It's NOT more cowbell!
Will your retail business exist in the next five years?
By Guest Blogger on February 6, 2014 in Tips & Advice
Finding efficiencies in your store will allow you to spend more time working on your business not in your business. Blogger and entrepreneur Melody Campbell explains.
One size small business financing does not fit all
By Guest Blogger on February 5, 2014 in Tips & Advice
No two businesses are the same. So should financing for those businesses come in one size? Blogger and Forbes contributor Ty Kiisel says no!
Three keys to hiring a contractor
By Guest Blogger on February 3, 2014 in Tips & Advice
Hiring the wrong contractor can cost your business big bucks. Blogger Brad Miller tells you what three things you should take into consideration before making an offer.
Is it time for your wake up call?
By Kris Prusynski on January 30, 2014 in Tips & Advice
Small changes can make a big difference. Blogger Kris Prusynski tells you about a man who tweaked his schedule and ultimately saved his life.
How to capitalize on the Super Bowl and Winter Olympics hype without spending big bucks
By Guest Blogger on January 27, 2014 in Tips & Advice
According to USA Today the average rate for a 30-second advertisement in the Super Bowl has increased by more than 70% during the past decade, reaching $4 million in 2013! Blogger Stephanie Reed explains why you don't need to spend big bucks to capitalize on events like the Super Bowl or Olympics.
TDS Connect Business Blog
Learn more about how TDS Business can help your company with innovative business communications services and solutions. Discover TDS Fiber Internet, Phone, VoIP Solutions and TV.
- Scammers are hijacking job ads. Here’s how to spot the fakes May 22, 2023
- A small business success story: Lonesome Cottage Furniture Co. May 8, 2023
- How to “go green” and improve your business’ image April 24, 2023
- TDS honored as a 2023 VETS Indexes Recognized Employer April 14, 2023
- The 2023 tax scam all business owners should know! April 4, 2023
- Give ‘Em What They Want: The Small Perk with the Big Payoff September 18, 2012
- Work-Life Balance is a scam July 11, 2013
- How to Maintain Productivity While Working Virtually October 11, 2012
- The ‘Big Five’ office annoyances & How to deal with them February 11, 2013
- What Game of Thrones teaches us about business communications March 15, 2013
- Shane Corcoran: I get so excited when i read things like this. Tec...
- Rae Ann Rockhill: This behavior is just rude, no matter who is doing...
- GS: I have to respectively say that I think this artic...
- dboegli: Thank you for your excellent work on the TDS blog ...
- Kathy Mangan: Happy Travels Jody! I have enjoyed your articles o...
advice Barclay Pollak biz Biz Advice Business business advice Business Internet business news Business Tips entrepreneur Facebook high speed internet HR InBusiness Jason Mueller jody glynn Patrick Leadership LinkedIn managedIP managedIP Hosted Marketing productivity sales Small Biz small business SMB SMBs social media Startup Stephanie Reed TDS TDS Biz Blog TDSBizBlog TDS Business TDS Business Blog TDS Telecom TDS Tips Technology telecommuting Tips and Advice twitter Ty Kiisel VoIP Wisconsin work from home