Tag Archives | Biz Advice
Why we hate criticism – and how to get past it
By Jody Glynn Patrick on October 1, 2020 in Tips & Advice
Why do annual reviews make people so uncomfortable? Blogger and award winning journalist, Jody Glynn Patrick, explains.
How to make the best (hard) decision
By Jody Glynn Patrick on September 25, 2020 in Tips & Advice
Being a business owner means all of the hard decisions fall to you. Blogger and award winning business journalist, Jody Glynn Patrick, outlines a decision making process to help you make the best hard decision.
3 questions to help you vent a headful of steam
By Jody Glynn Patrick on June 18, 2020 in Tips & Advice
Sometimes things happen in our personal lives that spill into our professional lives. Most small business owners can't afford any distractions. Blogger and award winning journalist, Jody Glynn Patrick, has some advice that will help cool off your hot head.
Reducing friction and resistance
By Guest Blogger on April 16, 2014 in Tips & Advice
Friction and resistance can bring the workplace or your career to a screeching halt. Blogger Jason Mueller explains how and offers some steps you can take to reduce their impacts.
The quest for iTime: French ban after-hours smart-phones
By Jody Glynn Patrick on April 15, 2014 in Tips & Advice
The average American works five more weeks per year than their French counterpart. That number may get even larger! Blogger and award winning business journalist Jody Glynn Patrick breaks down the labor agreement in this post.
Lucy in the sky with science
By Jody Glynn Patrick on March 25, 2014 in Tips & Advice
Do you have any idea how what you're doing today may impact the future? Blogger and award winning journalist Jody Glynn Patrick got the rare opportunity to see how something she did 35 years ago is impacting the world today.
By Guest Blogger on March 20, 2014 in Tips & Advice
Blogger and United Way of Dane County CEO, Leslie Ann Howard, shares the best business advice she's ever gotten.
By Guest Blogger on March 19, 2014 in Tips & Advice
Spring cleaning is no longer just for the home. Blogger Jason Mueller provides you with some ideas to tidy up your business or professional life.
Plan now to avoid disaster
By Guest Blogger on March 12, 2014 in Tips & Advice
Odds are you're not prepared for an emergency. Blogger Delora Newton tells you why you should take steps right now to prepare for a disaster and offers a few resources to get you started.
TDS Connect Business Blog
Learn more about how TDS Business can help your company with innovative business communications services and solutions. Discover TDS Fiber Internet, Phone, VoIP Solutions and TV.
- Scammers are hijacking job ads. Here’s how to spot the fakes May 22, 2023
- A small business success story: Lonesome Cottage Furniture Co. May 8, 2023
- How to “go green” and improve your business’ image April 24, 2023
- TDS honored as a 2023 VETS Indexes Recognized Employer April 14, 2023
- The 2023 tax scam all business owners should know! April 4, 2023
- Give ‘Em What They Want: The Small Perk with the Big Payoff September 18, 2012
- Work-Life Balance is a scam July 11, 2013
- How to Maintain Productivity While Working Virtually October 11, 2012
- The ‘Big Five’ office annoyances & How to deal with them February 11, 2013
- What Game of Thrones teaches us about business communications March 15, 2013
- Shane Corcoran: I get so excited when i read things like this. Tec...
- Rae Ann Rockhill: This behavior is just rude, no matter who is doing...
- GS: I have to respectively say that I think this artic...
- dboegli: Thank you for your excellent work on the TDS blog ...
- Kathy Mangan: Happy Travels Jody! I have enjoyed your articles o...
advice Barclay Pollak biz Biz Advice Business business advice Business Internet business news Business Tips entrepreneur Facebook high speed internet HR InBusiness Jason Mueller jody glynn Patrick Leadership LinkedIn managedIP managedIP Hosted Marketing productivity sales Small Biz small business SMB SMBs social media Startup Stephanie Reed TDS TDS Biz Blog TDSBizBlog TDS Business TDS Business Blog TDS Telecom TDS Tips Technology telecommuting Tips and Advice twitter Ty Kiisel VoIP Wisconsin work from home