Tag Archives | Leadership
3 approaches to sharpen your leadership profile
By Jody Glynn Patrick on September 9, 2020 in Tips & Advice
What does leadership look like? Blogger and award winning business journalist Jody Glynn Patrick tells you in this post.
7 must-reads for best leadership practices
By Jody Glynn Patrick on January 13, 2020 in Tips & Advice
I review about 200 web articles a month in preparation for writing blogs for you, to stay abreast of the best tips, trends, and emerging business practices. Here are links to the seven articles I bookmarked as “best” this past month.
Helping your team deal with change
By Jody Glynn Patrick on January 24, 2019 in Tips & Advice
While it’s understood that a business must and will change over time to better meet the growing expectations of its customers, it’s also just as natural for people to resist change. Here’s my checklist of the steps I found helpful to minimize employee pushback and distractions.
How to invest your first 90 days as the new manager.
By Jody Glynn Patrick on April 13, 2018 in Tips & Advice
Congrats on your hire or promotion! But before you take your new authority for a spin, let’s take your natural enthusiasm (or qualms) for leading a new team and slow it down, back it up, and set a course that’s really going to serve you well as the organization’s designated driver.
Making Decisions: When and how to move a team toward action
By Jody Glynn Patrick on September 12, 2017 in Tips & Advice
Many managers are far more adept at “making decisions” than they are at implementing change, and in fact, often confuse the two, thinking their managerial responsibility ends with making a statement of intent.
Diversity and Inclusivity: how to foster both
By Jody Glynn Patrick on May 23, 2017 in Tips & Advice
Too often, most of us are a little confused in our thinking about diversity and inclusivity. The two are not interchangeable terms, and aiming for the first goal at the expense of the second is pointless.
Benefits of “Shadow Company” thinking
By Jody Glynn Patrick on March 22, 2016 in Tips & Advice
Is it better to work with people you do or don't agree with? According to blogger Jody Glynn Patrick the answer is both.
A leader’s checklist for 2016
By Jody Glynn Patrick on December 29, 2015 in Tips & Advice
What's the key to your success as a leader in 2016? Blogger Jody Glynn Patrick share's her opinion.
Finding the right pieces
By Guest Blogger on September 28, 2015 in IT Risk and Security
Your education doesn't end once you leave the classroom. Blogger Jason Mueller shares what valuable lesson he learned from a previous employer in this post.
TDS Connect Business Blog
Learn more about how TDS Business can help your company with innovative business communications services and solutions. Discover TDS Fiber Internet, Phone, VoIP Solutions and TV.
- Scammers are hijacking job ads. Here’s how to spot the fakes May 22, 2023
- A small business success story: Lonesome Cottage Furniture Co. May 8, 2023
- How to “go green” and improve your business’ image April 24, 2023
- TDS honored as a 2023 VETS Indexes Recognized Employer April 14, 2023
- The 2023 tax scam all business owners should know! April 4, 2023
- Give ‘Em What They Want: The Small Perk with the Big Payoff September 18, 2012
- Work-Life Balance is a scam July 11, 2013
- How to Maintain Productivity While Working Virtually October 11, 2012
- The ‘Big Five’ office annoyances & How to deal with them February 11, 2013
- What Game of Thrones teaches us about business communications March 15, 2013
- Shane Corcoran: I get so excited when i read things like this. Tec...
- Rae Ann Rockhill: This behavior is just rude, no matter who is doing...
- GS: I have to respectively say that I think this artic...
- dboegli: Thank you for your excellent work on the TDS blog ...
- Kathy Mangan: Happy Travels Jody! I have enjoyed your articles o...
advice Barclay Pollak biz Biz Advice Business business advice Business Internet business news Business Tips entrepreneur Facebook high speed internet HR InBusiness Jason Mueller jody glynn Patrick Leadership LinkedIn managedIP managedIP Hosted Marketing productivity sales Small Biz small business SMB SMBs social media Startup Stephanie Reed TDS TDS Biz Blog TDSBizBlog TDS Business TDS Business Blog TDS Telecom TDS Tips Technology telecommuting Tips and Advice twitter Ty Kiisel VoIP Wisconsin work from home