Tag Archives | jody glynn Patrick
Congrats on your hire or promotion! But before you take your new authority for a spin, let’s take your natural enthusiasm (or qualms) for leading a new team and slow it down, back it up, and set a course that’s really going to serve you well as the organization’s designated driver.
Researchers at NEC-Mitsubishi, questioned 2,000 office workers and found many to be suffering from "Irritable Desk Syndrome" (IDS). It was so named after the survey discovered that 40% said they were "infuriated by too much clutter and paper on their desks but could not be bothered to do anything about it."
Empathy, or the ability to embrace a true understanding of another’s feelings or sentiments, is often cited as a key trait for employees today. However, if that soft skill is to become a workplace expectation, leadership must embrace and exhibit the behavior first.
Who says, in these politically correct times, that we can’t celebrate traditional holidays and inject a little fun in the workplace without stepping on hearts? Here’s a list of sweet ideas to mark Valentine’s Day in a way that includes everyone, regardless of their current romantic status, and shows that your company has a caring heart.
The early stages of a project can be frustrating and painstakingly difficult. If your team or company is struggling to get on the same page, try this.
Do you ever feel like an imposter? It turns out that it's pretty common among business professionals. Check out these three tips for getting past it!
Jody Glynn Patrick breaks down the new findings on paid family and medical leave. How might these affect your business? Find out here.
The results of the 2016 Future Workplace Study are in, and the findings say HR professionals and job applicants have different mindsets and goals. Find out how they differ!
Multiple champions have stepped forward on behalf of under-employed service workers in their fight for a living minimum wage of $15/hour, so that’s almost old… more...
TDS Connect Business Blog
Learn more about how TDS Business can help your company with innovation business communications services and solutions. Discover TDS Fiber, Internet, Phone and VoIP Services.
- Life hack for stress reduction: Mindfulness Meditation May 18, 2018
- managedIP Webinar: Disaster preparation May 15, 2018
- Biotech Review: What your body reveals about you. May 11, 2018
- Tips for a great summer event May 10, 2018
- TDS expanding services to Madison businesses May 4, 2018
- Give ‘Em What They Want: The Small Perk with the Big Payoff September 18, 2012
- Work-Life Balance is a scam July 11, 2013
- What Game of Thrones teaches us about business communications March 15, 2013
- How to Maintain Productivity While Working Virtually October 11, 2012
- The ‘Big Five’ office annoyances & How to deal with them February 11, 2013
- Mike: One thing that I have used in travel as well as at...
- PrasantaShee: If you wish to have free HD VOIP Audio conferencin...
- Bernadette Burg: I agree with some of the awareness of Gen Z, howev...
- Patrick Yates: Great piece!!...
- In the Know: What’s new in biotech agriculture | TDS Business: […] sex-war waged against moths? Remember ou...
2014 advice Barclay Pollak biz Biz Advice Business business advice business news Business Tips email entrepreneur Facebook HR InBusiness Jason Mueller jody glynn Patrick Leadership managedIP managedIP Hosted Marketing Mike MacDonald productivity sales Small Biz small business SMB SMBs social media Startup Stephanie Reed TDS TDSBizBlog TDS Biz Blog TDS Business TDS Business Blog TDS Telecom Technology telecommuting Tips and Advice twitter Ty Kiisel VoIP Wisconsin work work from home