Tag Archives | HR
How to intern like a boss
By Guest Blogger on February 12, 2020 in Tips & Advice
You've landed your first internship. You're thinking, "Wow, I might actually become a real, gainfully-employed adult one day." Here’s my best advice for how to crush your internship and get the absolute most out of it. (And for those of you far-removed from the intern life, here’s a little window into the experience of one.)
Professionals are leaving HR on “read”
By Guest Blogger on August 16, 2019 in News, Tips & Advice
“You mean he/she left you on read?” It sounds all too familiar in our dating lives. It’s an example of “ghosting,” the newest method used to end a relationship, or convey that you’re not really interested. It’s reading someone’s message and not responding, well, ever.
“Missing” inactive pensioners may not be missed by DOL
By Jody Glynn Patrick on December 28, 2017 in Tips & Advice
Heads up, HR specialists! The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) is taking a Philadelphia model audit to a national platform in its search to locate pensioners who are not collecting owed retirement benefits.
Workplace Diversity: Where and How It Works
By Guest Blogger on November 28, 2017 in Tips & Advice
It’s easy to say – “we value diversity” – but putting those values into company-wide practice is anything but fluid or easy.
The job applicant/HR disconnect
By Jody Glynn Patrick on March 1, 2017 in Tips & Advice
The results of the 2016 Future Workplace Study are in, and the findings say HR professionals and job applicants have different mindsets and goals. Find out how they differ!
5 things to consider when crafting your new HR plan
By Guest Blogger on January 26, 2016 in Products
With the beginning of a new year comes HR planning and policy review. Blogger Margaret Jacoby describes the most important aspects of employee handbooks to evaluate.
Can technology improve HR results and impact the bottom line?
By Guest Blogger on October 14, 2015 in Tips & Advice
Should your business implement a Human Resources Management System? Blogger Margaret Jacoby talks about four benefits you may receive.
4 Tips for managing generation Z employees in the workplace
By Guest Blogger on July 15, 2015 in Tips & Advice
In previous articles on Traditionalists, Baby Boomers, Generation X, and Generation Y/Millennials, we’ve highlighted the characteristics and best management strategies for these generations of workers. Now we turn our focus to Generation Z.
How to effectively nurture and prune staff
By Jody Glynn Patrick on December 16, 2014 in Tips & Advice
The difference between success and failure could be the addition or subtraction of one employee. Blogger and award winning business journalist Jody Glynn Patrick tells you how to effectively nurture and prune staff.
TDS Connect Business Blog
Learn more about how TDS Business can help your company with innovative business communications services and solutions. Discover TDS Fiber Internet, Phone, VoIP Solutions and TV.
- Scammers are hijacking job ads. Here’s how to spot the fakes May 22, 2023
- A small business success story: Lonesome Cottage Furniture Co. May 8, 2023
- How to “go green” and improve your business’ image April 24, 2023
- TDS honored as a 2023 VETS Indexes Recognized Employer April 14, 2023
- The 2023 tax scam all business owners should know! April 4, 2023
- Give ‘Em What They Want: The Small Perk with the Big Payoff September 18, 2012
- Work-Life Balance is a scam July 11, 2013
- How to Maintain Productivity While Working Virtually October 11, 2012
- The ‘Big Five’ office annoyances & How to deal with them February 11, 2013
- What Game of Thrones teaches us about business communications March 15, 2013
- Shane Corcoran: I get so excited when i read things like this. Tec...
- Rae Ann Rockhill: This behavior is just rude, no matter who is doing...
- GS: I have to respectively say that I think this artic...
- dboegli: Thank you for your excellent work on the TDS blog ...
- Kathy Mangan: Happy Travels Jody! I have enjoyed your articles o...
advice Barclay Pollak biz Biz Advice Business business advice Business Internet business news Business Tips entrepreneur Facebook high speed internet HR InBusiness Jason Mueller jody glynn Patrick Leadership LinkedIn managedIP managedIP Hosted Marketing productivity sales Small Biz small business SMB SMBs social media Startup Stephanie Reed TDS TDS Biz Blog TDSBizBlog TDS Business TDS Business Blog TDS Telecom TDS Tips Technology telecommuting Tips and Advice twitter Ty Kiisel VoIP Wisconsin work from home