Tag Archives | entrepreneur
Why we hate criticism – and how to get past it
By Jody Glynn Patrick on October 1, 2020 in Tips & Advice
Why do annual reviews make people so uncomfortable? Blogger and award winning journalist, Jody Glynn Patrick, explains.
How to kill curiosity
By Jody Glynn Patrick on August 16, 2020 in Tips & Advice
Blogger and award winning business journalist Jody Glynn Patrick missed an opportunity to engage a willing mind. Now, she's sharing her cautionary tale with you in hopes that you'll learn from her mistake.
The psychology of getting what you want
By Jody Glynn Patrick on July 4, 2020 in Tips & Advice
How do you get your way? Jedi mind tricks? Hypnosis? According to blogger Jody Glynn Patrick there's an easier way.
3 questions to help you vent a headful of steam
By Jody Glynn Patrick on June 18, 2020 in Tips & Advice
Sometimes things happen in our personal lives that spill into our professional lives. Most small business owners can't afford any distractions. Blogger and award winning journalist, Jody Glynn Patrick, has some advice that will help cool off your hot head.
The best answer to your challenge is “Yet”
By Jody Glynn Patrick on March 19, 2020 in Tips & Advice
It's only a three letter word but it can be the difference between success and failure. Blogger and award winning journalist Jody Glynn Patrick talks about the importance of "yet."
Top 5 business podcasts for 2019
By Guest Blogger on January 3, 2019 in News, Tips & Advice
It's almost a new year, which means it's time to evaluate how you're spending your time. When you're on your way to work, do you listen to sports talk radio? Or maybe you listen to the same classic rock station that never changes their playlist? Don't get me wrong, I like ESPN radio and belting out Journey at the top of my lungs as much as the next guy or girl. But what if you used the time differently?
Robert Jordan: A case study in dogged determination
By Jody Glynn Patrick on August 31, 2017 in Tips & Advice
Robert Jordan is a case study worth knowing and replicating. From driving truck to founding a company, this is his journey.
This week in business
By Guest Blogger on June 9, 2017 in News
Didn't have a chance to keep an eye on the news this week? Here's what you missed in this week's business news review.
Co-work Sites: Women entrepreneurs share space, costs, and inspiration
By Jody Glynn Patrick on April 10, 2017 in News, Tips & Advice
Co-working sites are on the rise in the United States. Have a read to find out what the benefits of a shared workspace can be!
TDS Connect Business Blog
Learn more about how TDS Business can help your company with innovative business communications services and solutions. Discover TDS Fiber Internet, Phone, VoIP Solutions and TV.
- Scammers are hijacking job ads. Here’s how to spot the fakes May 22, 2023
- A small business success story: Lonesome Cottage Furniture Co. May 8, 2023
- How to “go green” and improve your business’ image April 24, 2023
- TDS honored as a 2023 VETS Indexes Recognized Employer April 14, 2023
- The 2023 tax scam all business owners should know! April 4, 2023
- Give ‘Em What They Want: The Small Perk with the Big Payoff September 18, 2012
- Work-Life Balance is a scam July 11, 2013
- How to Maintain Productivity While Working Virtually October 11, 2012
- The ‘Big Five’ office annoyances & How to deal with them February 11, 2013
- What Game of Thrones teaches us about business communications March 15, 2013
- Shane Corcoran: I get so excited when i read things like this. Tec...
- Rae Ann Rockhill: This behavior is just rude, no matter who is doing...
- GS: I have to respectively say that I think this artic...
- dboegli: Thank you for your excellent work on the TDS blog ...
- Kathy Mangan: Happy Travels Jody! I have enjoyed your articles o...
advice Barclay Pollak biz Biz Advice Business business advice Business Internet business news Business Tips entrepreneur Facebook high speed internet HR InBusiness Jason Mueller jody glynn Patrick Leadership LinkedIn managedIP managedIP Hosted Marketing productivity sales Small Biz small business SMB SMBs social media Startup Stephanie Reed TDS TDS Biz Blog TDSBizBlog TDS Business TDS Business Blog TDS Telecom TDS Tips Technology telecommuting Tips and Advice twitter Ty Kiisel VoIP Wisconsin work from home