2022 was a momentous year for TDS as the company continued to grow across the country and support our communities.
Outside the company, many took notice. TDS won several awards in 2022 at both the local level—including several best internet provider honors—and also at the companywide level as a best place for employment.
As we reflect on the year that was, here are some of the top awards TDS received throughout the year:
Best Internet Provider. This was a theme in 2022, with TDS racking up multiple awards showing that communities are responding to our ultra-fast internet network:
- Best Internet Provider in North Idaho. As TDS wraps up construction in the Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, area, TDS was honored by the Business Journal of North Idaho as the region’s best internet provider.
- Best of Southern Utah 2022 Gold Winner. For the second year in a row, Southern Utah residents voted TDS the Gold Winner in the Internet Provider category of Canyon Media’s Best of Southern Utah 2022. The contest included community voting in the Southern Utah communities TDS serves.
- Best of Teller 2022. TDS got another back-to-back win in the Pikes Peak Courier’s Best of Teller (Colorado) contest, winning the gold for best internet provider after some 4,000 votes were cast.
- Best Internet Provider in Iron County, Utah. In addition, TDS also took home Best Internet Provider in Iron County as part of another Canyon Media contest.
Top Employer. TDS continues to work hard to develop a more diverse and inclusive workforce to genuinely represent the communities we serve. We are proud to again be recognized for our efforts:
- Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality. TDS received a perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s Corporate Equality Index,
- which earned the company the Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality designation. To earn top ratings, employers must show they have taken concrete steps to establish and implement policies, benefits, and practices that ensure greater equity for LGBTQ+ workers and their families.
- Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion. After earning a score of 90 on the Disability Equality Index (DEI), TDS was named Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion for the second year in a row. TDS heavily utilizes the DEI as a guideline for recruiting talent and providing a more welcoming workplace for associates with disabilities.
- Top 50 Employers for Woman Engineers. The Woman Engineer Magazine bestowed this honor after readers named TDS one of the companies “for which they’d most like to work or which they believed would provide a positive working environment for woman engineers.”
Overall excellence: Apart from those categories, TDS received a high honor at the local level in Georgia:
- Camden County (Georgia) Chamber’s Large Business of the Year. In presenting the award, Johnathan Blount of the Camden County Chamber said that TDS “literally kept the chamber doors open during the last recession” and lauded TDS for helping small businesses. TDS has served residents and businesses in Camden County for almost a hundred years, starting as Camden Telephone and Telegraph Company.
It was a great year for TDS for many reasons—and these awards are just one reflection of that. Here’s to more in 2023!