About Jody Glynn PatrickJody is President of Glynn Patrick & Associates, which provides management consulting, executive coaching and strategic planning services. She is Publisher Emeritus of In Business magazine, which she published for 17 years. Selected as the “U.S. Business Journalist of the Year” in 2007 in Washington, DC, by the U.S. Small Business Administration, Jody has been a business reporter, editor, radio talk show host , and has won other state and national journalism awards. At the same time, she has helped corporate clients grow their businesses -- the basis for her practical coaching advice here. She also was the 2005 Athena Award recipient for her leadership role in mentoring other professional women. Jody will be talking with you weekly on TDS’ blog to share her insights and tips from the C-Suite perspective. Follow on G+.
In a study of 100 retirees, Dr. Nancy K. Schlossberg, EdD, found that retirement is not one single act, like we may traditionally have thought of it, but rather it involves many transitions. How successful people are at adapting depends, in large part, on these specific factors...
How do ordinary people catapult themselves to “expert” or “guru” status just by opening their mouths? Having been a keynote speaker for more than 50 events, I’ll offer some clues to help you cloak your presentation anxieties.
If you’re like millions of Americans who suffer at least a twinge of guilt or sadness about leaving Fido behind every morning when you leave for work, take heart – there’s now online help to find dog-friendly employment.
I review about 200 web articles a month in preparation for writing blogs for you, to stay abreast of the best tips, trends, and emerging business practices. Here are links to the seven articles I bookmarked as “best” this past month.
Avoid these 5 mistakes when negotiating your salary. Doing so just might save you some money!
Today, let’s flip the “less is more” coin over to its “more is more meaningful” side.
Do you ever feel like an imposter? It turns out that it's pretty common among business professionals. Check out these three tips for getting past it!
While it’s understood that a business must and will change over time to better meet the growing expectations of its customers, it’s also just as natural for people to resist change. Here’s my checklist of the steps I found helpful to minimize employee pushback and distractions.
This month, we’ll check our sources for a closer peek at genetically modified organisms, both plant and insect, to see what scientists are conjuring up in labs in 2018.
TDS Connect Business Blog
Learn more about how TDS Business can help your company with innovative business communications services and solutions. Discover TDS Fiber, Internet, Phone and VoIP Services.
- What Makes Fiber A More Reliable Business Internet Connection? November 20, 2019
- Working at Home: Do it right November 15, 2019
- Top 10 Secrets For Web Design Success November 14, 2019
- Veterans Day Q&A November 11, 2019
- Hotel Exercises for the holiday season November 3, 2019
- Give ‘Em What They Want: The Small Perk with the Big Payoff September 18, 2012
- Work-Life Balance is a scam July 11, 2013
- What Game of Thrones teaches us about business communications March 15, 2013
- How to Maintain Productivity While Working Virtually October 11, 2012
- The ‘Big Five’ office annoyances & How to deal with them February 11, 2013
- The Coworking Kitchen: Making People Feel at Home In Our Space: […] members assist by marking and tossing th...
- Salina: good...
- Sophie: Great rules and great post! You'd think that this...
- Steve Hubacher: the 1st commandment should be "If you take the la...
- Anna Larson: I could never even fathom not communicating with a...
advice Barclay Pollak biz Biz Advice Business business advice Business Internet business news Business Tips entrepreneur Facebook high speed internet HR InBusiness Jason Mueller jody glynn Patrick Leadership LinkedIn managedIP managedIP Hosted Marketing productivity sales Small Biz small business SMB SMBs social media Startup Stephanie Reed TDS TDS Biz Blog TDSBizBlog TDS Business TDS Business Blog TDS Telecom TDS Tips Technology telecommuting Tips and Advice twitter Ty Kiisel VoIP Wisconsin work from home