About Jody Glynn PatrickJody is President of Glynn Patrick & Associates, which provides management consulting, executive coaching and strategic planning services. She is Publisher Emeritus of In Business magazine, which she published for 17 years. Selected as the “U.S. Business Journalist of the Year” in 2007 in Washington, DC, by the U.S. Small Business Administration, Jody has been a business reporter, editor, radio talk show host , and has won other state and national journalism awards. At the same time, she has helped corporate clients grow their businesses -- the basis for her practical coaching advice here. She also was the 2005 Athena Award recipient for her leadership role in mentoring other professional women. Jody will be talking with you weekly on TDS’ blog to share her insights and tips from the C-Suite perspective. Follow on G+.
In a study of 100 retirees, Dr. Nancy K. Schlossberg, EdD, found that retirement is not one single act, like we may traditionally have thought of it, but rather it involves many transitions. How successful people are at adapting depends, in large part, on these specific factors...
This month, we’ll check our sources for a closer peek at genetically modified organisms, both plant and insect, to see what scientists are conjuring up in labs in 2018.
Ever wondered what sparks a business disruptor conversation? For example, what might be the result of business conversations between Berkshire Hathaway’s billionaire visionary Warren Buffet and his friends Jeff Bezos, Amazon’s founder and chief executive, and Jamie Dimon, chief executive of JPMorgan Chase?
In 2017, the U.S. was impacted by 16 separate billion-dollar disaster events including three tropical cyclones, eight severe storms, two inland floods, a crop freeze, drought and wildfire. Can’t happen where you live? The odds are that weather not only can, but it will affect your business in the next five years, based on changing climatic storm patterns.
Ask five older Americans what their ancestral heritage is and you’re likely to hear a foreign country mentioned. Then ask a young adult. When one of five millennials’ parentage includes a first-generation immigrant, their answer is just as likely to include a foreign reference.
While it’s understood that a business must and will change over time to better meet the growing expectations of its customers, it’s also just as natural for people to resist change. Here’s my checklist of the steps I found helpful to minimize employee pushback and distractions.
For this month’s biotech review, we’re delving into the latest bio-science inquiries into body language and the stranger resultant stories of what your body is capable of – with a little help from tech.
Ready for a break in routine and a fun, relaxing time at a summer office party?
When we see other people as “them”, outside the nucleus of “us”, we lose our empathy cushion, which is the key to our greater humanity. Here’s why that’s true -- and how to get your caring mojo back for all people.
TDS Connect Business Blog
Learn more about how TDS Business can help your company with innovative business communications services and solutions. Discover TDS Fiber, Internet, Phone and VoIP Services.
- Holiday Survival Tips with mIP November 9, 2018
- How to prepare for Small Business Saturday November 7, 2018
- Almost half of all calls will be scams by 2019 October 31, 2018
- Wisconsin pharmacy reviews TDS October 23, 2018
- How to intern like a boss October 19, 2018
- Give ‘Em What They Want: The Small Perk with the Big Payoff September 18, 2012
- Work-Life Balance is a scam July 11, 2013
- What Game of Thrones teaches us about business communications March 15, 2013
- How to Maintain Productivity While Working Virtually October 11, 2012
- The ‘Big Five’ office annoyances & How to deal with them February 11, 2013
- Shane Corcoran: I get so excited when i read things like this. Tec...
- Rae Ann Rockhill: This behavior is just rude, no matter who is doing...
- GS: I have to respectively say that I think this artic...
- dboegli: Thank you for your excellent work on the TDS blog ...
- Kathy Mangan: Happy Travels Jody! I have enjoyed your articles o...
advice Barclay Pollak biz Biz Advice Business business advice Business Internet business news Business Tips entrepreneur Facebook high speed internet HR InBusiness Jason Mueller jody glynn Patrick Leadership managedIP managedIP Hosted Marketing productivity sales Small Biz small business SMB SMBs social media Startup Stephanie Reed TDS TDSBizBlog TDS Biz Blog TDS Business TDS Business Blog TDS Telecom TDS Tips Technology telecommuting Tips and Advice twitter Ty Kiisel VoIP Wisconsin work work from home