About Jody Glynn PatrickJody is President of Glynn Patrick & Associates, which provides management consulting, executive coaching and strategic planning services. She is Publisher Emeritus of In Business magazine, which she published for 17 years. Selected as the “U.S. Business Journalist of the Year” in 2007 in Washington, DC, by the U.S. Small Business Administration, Jody has been a business reporter, editor, radio talk show host , and has won other state and national journalism awards. At the same time, she has helped corporate clients grow their businesses -- the basis for her practical coaching advice here. She also was the 2005 Athena Award recipient for her leadership role in mentoring other professional women. Jody will be talking with you weekly on TDS’ blog to share her insights and tips from the C-Suite perspective. Follow on G+.
While it’s understood that a business must and will change over time to better meet the growing expectations of its customers, it’s also just as natural for people to resist change. Here’s my checklist of the steps I found helpful to minimize employee pushback and distractions.
For this month’s biotech review, we’re delving into the latest bio-science inquiries into body language and the stranger resultant stories of what your body is capable of – with a little help from tech.
Ready for a break in routine and a fun, relaxing time at a summer office party?
When we see other people as “them”, outside the nucleus of “us”, we lose our empathy cushion, which is the key to our greater humanity. Here’s why that’s true -- and how to get your caring mojo back for all people.
There is an emerging practice among Fortune 500 companies of publishing “diversity reports”. Though Coke and other global firms have been posting positive diversity statistics on their websites for a few years to set themselves apart, this new wave of posting diversity reports is aimed at inspiring and measuring change.
Congrats on your hire or promotion! But before you take your new authority for a spin, let’s take your natural enthusiasm (or qualms) for leading a new team and slow it down, back it up, and set a course that’s really going to serve you well as the organization’s designated driver.
It’s vogue in many offices to add a short motivational quote under your signature line to inspire others (or to hint that you are inspired), but how do you pick them and how often do you change your mantra?
We’ve invited big business into our homes, with AI assistant Alexa and other devices, but those convenience tools actually serve two masters – us and their manufacturer’s, returning as much information about how a family functions and what assistance the customers most request.
Researchers at NEC-Mitsubishi, questioned 2,000 office workers and found many to be suffering from "Irritable Desk Syndrome" (IDS). It was so named after the survey discovered that 40% said they were "infuriated by too much clutter and paper on their desks but could not be bothered to do anything about it."
TDS Connect Business Blog
Learn more about how TDS Business can help your company with innovation business communications services and solutions. Discover TDS Fiber, Internet, Phone and VoIP Services.
- In case you missed it: Disaster Preparation May 25, 2018
- Helping your team deal with change May 24, 2018
- Life hack for stress reduction: Mindfulness Meditation May 18, 2018
- managedIP Webinar: Disaster preparation May 15, 2018
- Biotech Review: What your body reveals about you. May 11, 2018
- Give ‘Em What They Want: The Small Perk with the Big Payoff September 18, 2012
- Work-Life Balance is a scam July 11, 2013
- What Game of Thrones teaches us about business communications March 15, 2013
- How to Maintain Productivity While Working Virtually October 11, 2012
- The ‘Big Five’ office annoyances & How to deal with them February 11, 2013
- Mike: One thing that I have used in travel as well as at...
- PrasantaShee: If you wish to have free HD VOIP Audio conferencin...
- Bernadette Burg: I agree with some of the awareness of Gen Z, howev...
- Patrick Yates: Great piece!!...
- In the Know: What’s new in biotech agriculture | TDS Business: […] sex-war waged against moths? Remember ou...
2014 advice Barclay Pollak biz Biz Advice Business business advice business news Business Tips email entrepreneur Facebook HR InBusiness Jason Mueller jody glynn Patrick Leadership managedIP managedIP Hosted Marketing Mike MacDonald productivity sales Small Biz small business SMB SMBs social media Startup Stephanie Reed TDS TDSBizBlog TDS Biz Blog TDS Business TDS Business Blog TDS Telecom Technology telecommuting Tips and Advice twitter Ty Kiisel VoIP Wisconsin work work from home