Tag Archives | small business advice
How to prepare for Small Business Saturday
By Guest Blogger on November 7, 2018 in News, Tips & Advice
Since 2010, small businesses have been officially involved in the post-Thanksgiving holiday shopping frenzy with Small Business Saturday. As a local, small business this day may be daunting and intimidating. Whether it is your first Small Business Saturday or your eighth, here are 7 helpful tips to best prepare your business.
Minimum wage protection? Maybe, maybe not.
By Jody Glynn Patrick on November 18, 2014 in Tips & Advice
Polls show that the majority of U.S. voters want to see the minimum wage raised. Blogger and award winning business journalist Jody Glynn Patrick explains why the debate raises just as many questions as it does answers.
So you’re stranded on a desert island…
By Guest Blogger on March 3, 2014 in Tips & Advice
Think your company is too small for marketing? Blogger Brad Miller tells you why you're wrong.
Will your retail business exist in the next five years?
By Guest Blogger on February 6, 2014 in Tips & Advice
Finding efficiencies in your store will allow you to spend more time working on your business not in your business. Blogger and entrepreneur Melody Campbell explains.
Should I take on a business partner? (part 1)
By Guest Blogger on March 7, 2013 in Tips & Advice
Guest post from Laura Schmitz Being a counselor at the Milwaukee Small Business Development Center, I am often asked for advice by small business start-ups… more...
TDS Connect Business Blog
Learn more about how TDS Business can help your company with innovative business communications services and solutions. Discover TDS Fiber Internet, Phone, VoIP Solutions and TV.
- Scammers are hijacking job ads. Here’s how to spot the fakes May 22, 2023
- A small business success story: Lonesome Cottage Furniture Co. May 8, 2023
- How to “go green” and improve your business’ image April 24, 2023
- TDS honored as a 2023 VETS Indexes Recognized Employer April 14, 2023
- The 2023 tax scam all business owners should know! April 4, 2023
- Give ‘Em What They Want: The Small Perk with the Big Payoff September 18, 2012
- Work-Life Balance is a scam July 11, 2013
- How to Maintain Productivity While Working Virtually October 11, 2012
- The ‘Big Five’ office annoyances & How to deal with them February 11, 2013
- What Game of Thrones teaches us about business communications March 15, 2013
- Shane Corcoran: I get so excited when i read things like this. Tec...
- Rae Ann Rockhill: This behavior is just rude, no matter who is doing...
- GS: I have to respectively say that I think this artic...
- dboegli: Thank you for your excellent work on the TDS blog ...
- Kathy Mangan: Happy Travels Jody! I have enjoyed your articles o...
advice Barclay Pollak biz Biz Advice Business business advice Business Internet business news Business Tips entrepreneur Facebook high speed internet HR InBusiness Jason Mueller jody glynn Patrick Leadership LinkedIn managedIP managedIP Hosted Marketing productivity sales Small Biz small business SMB SMBs social media Startup Stephanie Reed TDS TDS Biz Blog TDSBizBlog TDS Business TDS Business Blog TDS Telecom TDS Tips Technology telecommuting Tips and Advice twitter Ty Kiisel VoIP Wisconsin work from home