In business, staying on top of your personal finances is without a doubt a necessity. No it’s not exciting or is it fun but is definitely a task that has to be done. One of the easiest and “non-tech” ways to track your personal finances and spending is by using an excel spreadsheet or a notebook. Fortunately and thanks to technology – specifically smartphone and web based apps, tracking your finances has never been easier.
In the app marketplace, there are quite a few software applications available that can help you keep track of where your money is going. For this post, I’m rounding up a great list of 6 personal finance tracking apps that you can use to manage and track your finances with ease.
- Mint.com (Free) – is one of the MOST popular finance tracking applications on the market today. This is actually my finance tracking app of choice. With Mint, you can link to all of your bank accounts, view your account balances in real time and manage them from a single dashboard. Mint also allows you to link to your Paypal account as well. One of the features that I love most about using Mint is that you can setup account balance and bill payment alerts that will send you notifications when bills are due and your account balances are negative. Mint is available for Android, iPad and iPhone users. For security, Mint uses 128-bit encryption for account security.
- BudgetTracker.com (Free) – is an online money management and budget tracking software application that helps you track your finances, bills, budget and spending from a pc or smartphone.
- Level Money (Free) – is considered to be a mobile money meter that provides real-time updates by letting you know how much money you have accessible to you every day by keeping track of your purchases. Level money is available for the Android and Apple iOS users.
- Buxfer (Free) – (like Mint) allows you to see all of your accounts at one place, understand where your money goes, reduce unnecessary spending, and save money. This app also features charts and graphs that help you categorize your spending.
- Homebudget (Free) – an expense tracker designed to help you track your expenses, finances, bills and more. With this app, you can view data about your accounts in visual and graphical data. Homebudget is available for Android, Mac OS, and Windows users.
- SpendingTracker (Free) – Spending Tracker is an easy and user friendly expense manager app. The simple fact is, by tracking your spending you will be able to stick to a budget and save money.
- Moneytrackin (Free) – a free application that lets you manage and control your finances –and also displays the state of your accounts every month.