About Jody Glynn PatrickJody is President of Glynn Patrick & Associates, which provides management consulting, executive coaching and strategic planning services. She is Publisher Emeritus of In Business magazine, which she published for 17 years. Selected as the “U.S. Business Journalist of the Year” in 2007 in Washington, DC, by the U.S. Small Business Administration, Jody has been a business reporter, editor, radio talk show host , and has won other state and national journalism awards. At the same time, she has helped corporate clients grow their businesses -- the basis for her practical coaching advice here. She also was the 2005 Athena Award recipient for her leadership role in mentoring other professional women. Jody will be talking with you weekly on TDS’ blog to share her insights and tips from the C-Suite perspective. Follow on G+.
Studies back this conclusion: retention is most influenced by how appreciated employees feel for the contributions they make to the company. Since money was always tight, particularly during recessionary times, we had to be inventive. Here are three of our favorite end-of-year parties:
This month, our tech focus is on bio crop development and world population projections.
There’s no trophy or awards banquet for making it on my list of the best blogs, at least not for the writers. However, for you, readers, there are definite gains for reading these thought-provoking business blogs.
The morale of the story is this: how you conduct your business in the worst of times dictates how I (and many others) will spend our money in the best of times. Here's what I learned in the aftermath of Hurricane Irma.
Our bio review this month addresses promising breakthroughs in agriculture and what it means to the global marketplace.
Many managers are far more adept at “making decisions” than they are at implementing change, and in fact, often confuse the two, thinking their managerial responsibility ends with making a statement of intent.
Robert Jordan is a case study worth knowing and replicating. From driving truck to founding a company, this is his journey.
Research shows that only one in five Millennials say they are “satisfied” at work. The polled group included 7,806 global interviews with college graduates born after January 1983 who now have fulltime employment. Get the rest here.
Biotechnology is a rapidly changing field. In the latest cases, it's been for the better. This month's biotech wrap-up is all about preventive treatment for some of the worst diseases. Grab some coffee and a have a read!
- Do you suffer from IDS – Irritable Desk Syndrome? March 20, 2018
- What Makes Fiber A More Reliable Business Internet Connection? March 16, 2018
- managedIP Webinar: Custom On-Hold Music & Messages March 15, 2018
- Your Business Skills vs. African Challenges March 14, 2018
- Biotech Review: New GMO Foods March 7, 2018
- Give ‘Em What They Want: The Small Perk with the Big Payoff September 18, 2012
- What Game of Thrones teaches us about business communications March 15, 2013
- Work-Life Balance is a scam July 11, 2013
- The ‘Big Five’ office annoyances & How to deal with them February 11, 2013
- How to Maintain Productivity While Working Virtually October 11, 2012
- PrasantaShee: If you wish to have free HD VOIP Audio conferencin...
- Bernadette Burg: I agree with some of the awareness of Gen Z, howev...
- Patrick Yates: Great piece!!...
- In the Know: What’s new in biotech agriculture | TDS Business: […] sex-war waged against moths? Remember ou...
- Sarah: another awesome benefit of TDS' work-at-home prog...
2014 advice Barclay Pollak biz Biz Advice Business business advice business news Business Tips email entrepreneur Facebook HR InBusiness Jason Mueller jody glynn Patrick Leadership managedIP managedIP Hosted Marketing Mike MacDonald productivity sales Small Biz small business SMB SMBs social media Startup Stephanie Reed TDS TDSBizBlog TDS Biz Blog TDS Business TDS Business Blog TDS Telecom Technology telecommuting Tips and Advice twitter Ty Kiisel VoIP Wisconsin work work from home
- Barclay Pollak (RSS) (111)
- Brad Miller (RSS) (13)
- Brandon Allen (RSS) (17)
- Charles Borrell (RSS) (9)
- Dawn Mentzer (RSS) (16)
- Delora Newton (RSS) (20)
- Dr. Lynea Diane LaVoy (RSS) (4)
- Guest Blogger (RSS) (93)
- Jackie Nagel (RSS) (17)
- Jason Mueller (RSS) (26)
- Jeff Sauer (RSS) (11)
- Jody Glynn Patrick (RSS) (256)
- John Gregory Olson (RSS) (8)
- Kim George (RSS) (15)
- Kris Prusynski (RSS) (49)
- Krista Ledbetter (RSS) (25)
- La Juana Whitmore (RSS) (4)
- Leslie Ann Howard (RSS) (5)
- Lisa Karl (RSS) (5)
- Margaret Jacoby (RSS) (12)
- Melody Campbell (RSS) (9)
- Mike MacDonald (RSS) (17)
- Mike Sansone (RSS) (10)
- Mike Wanta (RSS) (39)
- Missy Kellor (RSS) (3)
- Pete Metz (RSS) (4)
- Rick Paine (RSS) (4)
- Rick Swanson (RSS) (5)
- Stephanie Reed (RSS) (34)
- TDS Security Team (RSS) (3)
- tdsbusiness (RSS) (1)
- Ty Kiisel (RSS) (25)