Tag Archives | office life
Why be boring when you can write out of office messages that show appreciation, promote, educate and entertain.
Researchers at NEC-Mitsubishi, questioned 2,000 office workers and found many to be suffering from "Irritable Desk Syndrome" (IDS). It was so named after the survey discovered that 40% said they were "infuriated by too much clutter and paper on their desks but could not be bothered to do anything about it."
Most email mistakes seem like no-brainers after the fact, but these five email blunders are not so obvious:
Psychologists today are likening workplace rudeness to a nasty germ. Here's how you can keep it from spreading:
Statistically speaking, you’re 46 percent guaranteed to be involved in a political discussion at work during this campaign season, regardless of how hard you try to avoid it. If you’re one of the participants in a confrontational exchange, could it get you fired? Yes. Read more:
You are an intelligent, capable, social human being. You understand the need for office connectivity and communication. But can that impede your productivity? Find out how out how to create a balance:
Staff meetings, like any tool, can be misused or become antiquated, so let’s examine our idea of what meetings could be. Read more:
There’s usually one self-proclaimed “Devil’s Advocate” in any work team of five or more. You know the one – the person who shoots down nearly every suggestion with the idea-killing bullet “but”. Why, then, would you purposefully incorporate a Devil’s Advocate filter into your product development process? Here's why:
I once had a colleague who was morally bankrupt. This sales VP over-promised results his staff could not deliver or support. When a key sale… more...
TDS Connect Business Blog
Learn more about how TDS Business can help your company with innovative business communications services and solutions. Discover TDS Fiber, Internet, Phone and VoIP Services.
- Life hack for stress reduction: Mindfulness Meditation July 12, 2019
- What is symmetrical speed, and why should you (and your business) care? July 8, 2019
- ‘A La Carte’ Resources for Independent Contractors July 1, 2019
- How does fiber optic high speed internet improve your communications? June 28, 2019
- How To Become An Amazon Seller June 24, 2019
- Give ‘Em What They Want: The Small Perk with the Big Payoff September 18, 2012
- Work-Life Balance is a scam July 11, 2013
- What Game of Thrones teaches us about business communications March 15, 2013
- How to Maintain Productivity While Working Virtually October 11, 2012
- The ‘Big Five’ office annoyances & How to deal with them February 11, 2013
- Comprehensive Guide to Managing Independent Contractor Compliance – Business Article – Business Blog: […] (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || )...
- Top Business Blogs of 2018 – Business Article – Business Blog: […] (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || )...
- Small Business and Freelancing Roundup: Week of 01/02/19 | InvoiceBerry Blog: […] 3. It’s never too late to talk abo...
- Sophie: Great rules and great post! You'd think that this...
- Steve Hubacher: the 1st commandment should be "If you take the la...
advice Barclay Pollak biz Biz Advice Business business advice Business Internet business news Business Tips entrepreneur Facebook high speed internet HR InBusiness Jason Mueller jody glynn Patrick Leadership LinkedIn managedIP managedIP Hosted Marketing productivity sales Small Biz small business SMB SMBs social media Startup Stephanie Reed TDS TDS Biz Blog TDSBizBlog TDS Business TDS Business Blog TDS Telecom TDS Tips Technology telecommuting Tips and Advice twitter Ty Kiisel VoIP Wisconsin work from home