Tag Archives | office life
Why be boring when you can write out of office messages that show appreciation, promote, educate and entertain.
Researchers at NEC-Mitsubishi, questioned 2,000 office workers and found many to be suffering from "Irritable Desk Syndrome" (IDS). It was so named after the survey discovered that 40% said they were "infuriated by too much clutter and paper on their desks but could not be bothered to do anything about it."
Most email mistakes seem like no-brainers after the fact, but these five email blunders are not so obvious:
Psychologists today are likening workplace rudeness to a nasty germ. Here's how you can keep it from spreading:
Statistically speaking, you’re 46 percent guaranteed to be involved in a political discussion at work during this campaign season, regardless of how hard you try to avoid it. If you’re one of the participants in a confrontational exchange, could it get you fired? Yes. Read more:
You are an intelligent, capable, social human being. You understand the need for office connectivity and communication. But can that impede your productivity? Find out how out how to create a balance:
Staff meetings, like any tool, can be misused or become antiquated, so let’s examine our idea of what meetings could be. Read more:
There’s usually one self-proclaimed “Devil’s Advocate” in any work team of five or more. You know the one – the person who shoots down nearly every suggestion with the idea-killing bullet “but”. Why, then, would you purposefully incorporate a Devil’s Advocate filter into your product development process? Here's why:
I once had a colleague who was morally bankrupt. This sales VP over-promised results his staff could not deliver or support. When a key sale… more...
TDS Connect Business Blog
Learn more about how TDS Business can help your company with innovative business communications services and solutions. Discover TDS Fiber, Internet, Phone and VoIP Services.
- FTC puts advertisers on notice: honest opinions only October 13, 2021
- Make your home (and/or home office) energy efficient October 6, 2021
- 5 podcasts to help grow your business September 30, 2021
- Sun outages expected Sept. 30 to Oct. 13 September 29, 2021
- How to spot, stop, and report post-disaster scams September 3, 2021
- Give ‘Em What They Want: The Small Perk with the Big Payoff September 18, 2012
- Work-Life Balance is a scam July 11, 2013
- How to Maintain Productivity While Working Virtually October 11, 2012
- The ‘Big Five’ office annoyances & How to deal with them February 11, 2013
- What Game of Thrones teaches us about business communications March 15, 2013
- The Coworking Kitchen: Making People Feel at Home In Our Space: […] members assist by marking and tossing th...
- Salina: good...
- Sophie: Great rules and great post! You'd think that this...
- Steve Hubacher: the 1st commandment should be "If you take the la...
- Anna Larson: I could never even fathom not communicating with a...
2014 advice Barclay Pollak biz Biz Advice Business business advice Business Internet business news Business Tips entrepreneur Facebook high speed internet HR InBusiness Jason Mueller jody glynn Patrick Leadership managedIP managedIP Hosted Marketing office life productivity sales Small Biz small business SMB SMBs social media Startup Stephanie Reed TDS TDS Biz Blog TDSBizBlog TDS Business TDS Business Blog TDS Telecom TDS Tips Technology telecommuting Tips and Advice twitter Ty Kiisel VoIP Wisconsin