Tag Archives | office life
Why be boring when you can write out of office messages that show appreciation, promote, educate and entertain.
Researchers at NEC-Mitsubishi, questioned 2,000 office workers and found many to be suffering from "Irritable Desk Syndrome" (IDS). It was so named after the survey discovered that 40% said they were "infuriated by too much clutter and paper on their desks but could not be bothered to do anything about it."
Most email mistakes seem like no-brainers after the fact, but these five email blunders are not so obvious:
Psychologists today are likening workplace rudeness to a nasty germ. Here's how you can keep it from spreading:
Statistically speaking, you’re 46 percent guaranteed to be involved in a political discussion at work during this campaign season, regardless of how hard you try to avoid it. If you’re one of the participants in a confrontational exchange, could it get you fired? Yes. Read more:
You are an intelligent, capable, social human being. You understand the need for office connectivity and communication. But can that impede your productivity? Find out how out how to create a balance:
Staff meetings, like any tool, can be misused or become antiquated, so let’s examine our idea of what meetings could be. Read more:
There’s usually one self-proclaimed “Devil’s Advocate” in any work team of five or more. You know the one – the person who shoots down nearly every suggestion with the idea-killing bullet “but”. Why, then, would you purposefully incorporate a Devil’s Advocate filter into your product development process? Here's why:
I once had a colleague who was morally bankrupt. This sales VP over-promised results his staff could not deliver or support. When a key sale… more...
TDS Connect Business Blog
Learn more about how TDS Business can help your company with innovative business communications services and solutions. Discover TDS Fiber Internet, Phone, VoIP Solutions and TV.
- Special TDS program helps local businesses and nonprofits November 29, 2023
- Protect yourself from phone fraud this holiday season November 13, 2023
- How to effectively thank your customers this Thanksgiving November 2, 2023
- Unmasking the cybersecurity ghouls of the digital realm October 19, 2023
- How to immediately improve your business’ customer service October 3, 2023
- Give ‘Em What They Want: The Small Perk with the Big Payoff September 18, 2012
- Work-Life Balance is a scam July 11, 2013
- How to Maintain Productivity While Working Virtually October 11, 2012
- The ‘Big Five’ office annoyances & How to deal with them February 11, 2013
- What Game of Thrones teaches us about business communications March 15, 2013
- Shane Corcoran: I get so excited when i read things like this. Tec...
- Rae Ann Rockhill: This behavior is just rude, no matter who is doing...
- GS: I have to respectively say that I think this artic...
- dboegli: Thank you for your excellent work on the TDS blog ...
- Kathy Mangan: Happy Travels Jody! I have enjoyed your articles o...
advice Barclay Pollak biz Biz Advice Business business advice Business Internet business news Business Tips entrepreneur Facebook Featured high speed internet HR InBusiness Jason Mueller jody glynn Patrick Leadership LinkedIn managedIP managedIP Hosted Marketing productivity sales Small Biz small business SMB SMBs social media Startup Stephanie Reed TDS TDS Biz Blog TDSBizBlog TDS Business TDS Business Blog TDS Telecom TDS Tips Technology telecommuting Tips and Advice twitter Ty Kiisel VoIP Wisconsin