Tag Archives | management
3 approaches to sharpen your leadership profile
By Jody Glynn Patrick on September 9, 2020 in Tips & Advice
What does leadership look like? Blogger and award winning business journalist Jody Glynn Patrick tells you in this post.
How to kill curiosity
By Jody Glynn Patrick on August 16, 2020 in Tips & Advice
Blogger and award winning business journalist Jody Glynn Patrick missed an opportunity to engage a willing mind. Now, she's sharing her cautionary tale with you in hopes that you'll learn from her mistake.
Benefits of “Shadow Company” thinking
By Jody Glynn Patrick on March 22, 2016 in Tips & Advice
Is it better to work with people you do or don't agree with? According to blogger Jody Glynn Patrick the answer is both.
A leader’s checklist for 2016
By Jody Glynn Patrick on December 29, 2015 in Tips & Advice
What's the key to your success as a leader in 2016? Blogger Jody Glynn Patrick share's her opinion.
Who should be looking at and tracking your financials?
By Guest Blogger on February 5, 2015 in Tips & Advice
Should your whole team or just a few individuals be able to look at your company's finances? Blogger Brandon Allen tells you who he would allow to know how your company is performing financially.
How to lessen the sting of firing a poor performer
By Jody Glynn Patrick on October 21, 2014 in Tips & Advice
Being the boss isn't all fun and games. You have to make difficult decisions. Blogger and award winning business journalist Jody Glynn Patrick offers up her tips for letting go of a poor performer.
Gallup: 82% of managers were bad hires
By Jody Glynn Patrick on April 29, 2014 in Tips & Advice
Why is it so hard to hire the right person to be a manager? Blogger and award winning business journalist, Jody Glynn Patrick, explains why not all high performers make good leaders.
Employee Appreciation Day
By Guest Blogger on March 13, 2014 in Tips & Advice
It's never too late to show your employees you appreciate their efforts. Blogger Naomi Shaw has some gift ideas for everyone on your team.
5 Good management characteristics
By Guest Blogger on July 17, 2013 in Tips & Advice
Hands down the worst manager I ever had distrusted all his employees from the day he hired them. If you weren’t ten minutes early for… more...
TDS Connect Business Blog
Learn more about how TDS Business can help your company with innovative business communications services and solutions. Discover TDS Fiber Internet, Phone, VoIP Solutions and TV.
- Scammers are hijacking job ads. Here’s how to spot the fakes May 22, 2023
- A small business success story: Lonesome Cottage Furniture Co. May 8, 2023
- How to “go green” and improve your business’ image April 24, 2023
- TDS honored as a 2023 VETS Indexes Recognized Employer April 14, 2023
- The 2023 tax scam all business owners should know! April 4, 2023
- Give ‘Em What They Want: The Small Perk with the Big Payoff September 18, 2012
- Work-Life Balance is a scam July 11, 2013
- How to Maintain Productivity While Working Virtually October 11, 2012
- The ‘Big Five’ office annoyances & How to deal with them February 11, 2013
- What Game of Thrones teaches us about business communications March 15, 2013
- Shane Corcoran: I get so excited when i read things like this. Tec...
- Rae Ann Rockhill: This behavior is just rude, no matter who is doing...
- GS: I have to respectively say that I think this artic...
- dboegli: Thank you for your excellent work on the TDS blog ...
- Kathy Mangan: Happy Travels Jody! I have enjoyed your articles o...
advice Barclay Pollak biz Biz Advice Business business advice Business Internet business news Business Tips entrepreneur Facebook high speed internet HR InBusiness Jason Mueller jody glynn Patrick Leadership LinkedIn managedIP managedIP Hosted Marketing productivity sales Small Biz small business SMB SMBs social media Startup Stephanie Reed TDS TDS Biz Blog TDSBizBlog TDS Business TDS Business Blog TDS Telecom TDS Tips Technology telecommuting Tips and Advice twitter Ty Kiisel VoIP Wisconsin work from home